Four encounters of Jerusalem WIE - from Christmas to Shavuot

    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2013
      WIE monthly meetings: from Christmas to Shavuot

      To all our Eastern Christian friends we wish:

      Happy Easter!

      WIE monthly meetings:  from Christmas to Shavuot

      We met on Chrismas Day at the Pushka Pizza Coffee Shop.  The topic was... Christmas, of course. We talked about the customs, the traditions, the songs, the special Christmas Carols, the cakes, the lights, the Christmas tree and decorations. We talked also about the Jewish Holyday of Hannuka, also at about the same time.

      Wonderful to talk about our holydays around a cup of coffee and other refreshments.

      We met this time at the Mamilla Aroma Coffee-shop, our topic was the Jewish Holyday of Purim, the book of Esther, relating the historical background, its carnival and costumes, food and drinks.

      Then we talked about serious, moving life experiences like becoming a grand mother... as Saheer, our Muslim Coordinator just became a grand mother of a beautiful grand son.

      Meeting at the Mamilla Aroma Coffee-shop, we talked about Pessah the Jewish Holiday of Passover, and Easter, the Christian Holiday coming close to each other.

      Meeting again at the Mamilla Aroma Coffee-shop, the topic was pilgrimage, pilgrimage to the Holy City of Jerusalem.  The Jerusalem Municipality had a seminar about this topic at this time. It is also connected to the coming Jewish Holyday of Shavuot, where Jews from all over the area traditionally are coming to Jerusalem  as well as for the other two  Holydays of Pessah and Succot, as mentioned in the Scriptures "Alya Leregel"- "walking up to Jerusalem".

      Best regards,

      Saheer and Evelyne

      The Interfaith Encounter Association

      P.O.Box  3814 , Jerusalem 91037 , Israel

      Phone: +972-2-6510520

      Fax:     +972-2-6510557

      Website: www.interfaith-encounter.org

        Ms. Yael Gidanyan (Chair)

        Mr. Morad Muna

        Mr. Moshe Jacobs

        Mr. Imad Abu Hassan

      Dr. Yehuda Stolov, Executive Director

      E-mail: yehuda@...

      Mr. Salah Alladin, Assistant Director

      NEW: Donate securely on-line (tax deductible in the US ) at: http://interfaithencounter.wordpress.com/donate/

      Contributions made from the U.S. , Switzerland and the U.K. are tax deductible.

      You and others are welcome to join our e-mailing lists by sending a blank message to:

      • In Israel (gets also invitations):

      Please note that the reports we send out do not necessarily represent the views of the Interfaith Encounter Association or even of the people who wrote them. The reports represent the views of the people who attended an encounter and their primary purpose is to give you a glimpse of what happened in the encounter.

      Groups listed from north to south:

      ·        Ma'alot

      ·        Acre

      ·        Karmiel-Majd el-Krum

      ·        Restaurant

      ·        M'gharSawa Rabina

      ·        M'gharShibolot

      ·        M'ghar – Bridging

      ·        M'ghar – Lana

      ·        M'ghar – Green Light

      ·        Galilee Women's Interfaith Encounter (WIE)

      ·        Jordan Valley College (YIE)

      ·        Haifa WIE

      ·        Haifa University Youth Interfaith Encounter (YIE)

      ·        Carmel City

      ·        Wadi Ara WIE

      ·        Living Together in Wadi Ara

      ·        Netania-Qalansawa

      ·        Non-Violent Communication

      ·        Tel Aviv University YIE

      ·        Petach TikvaKfar Kasem

      ·        Tel Aviv-Jaffa

      ·        A/Nahnu – Mt. Scopus YIE

      ·        Language Exchange I

      ·        Language Exchange II

      ·        East of Jerusalem

      ·        Abu Dis And Maaleh Adumim

      ·        Prayer focused

      ·        IEA Reut-Sadaqa

      ·        Study and Dialogue

      ·        Jerusalem WIE

      ·        Jerusalem YIE

      ·        Jewish-Christian study of the Gospel of Mathew

      ·        Ein Karem – Health Equality for all People in Israel

      ·        Jerusalem Arabic Speaking group

      ·        Bibliodrama

      ·        The Future – Mothers and Daughters

      ·        Interfaith Visits

      ·        Hebrew U.-Bethlehem U. YIE

      ·        Teens YIE

      ·        Women's Empowerment

      ·        East of Jerusalem

      ·        Gush Etzion

      ·        Siach Yeshiva – Hebron Students YIE

      ·        Circle of Light and Hope

      ·        Midwives

      ·        Jerusalem-Hebron Religious Leaders

      ·        Jerusalem-Hebron YIE

      ·        Jerusalem-Yata YIE

      ·        South of Hebron YIE

      ·        Eilat