IEA in Tempus project 10.12-3.13

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2013
      For the last five months the Interfaith Encounter Association (IEA) has been part of a two-year international Tempus Program c

      To all our Jewish friends we wish:

      For the last five months the Interfaith Encounter Association (IEA) has been part of a two-year international Tempus Program called DOIT, which is being coordinated by the Israeli Academic Institution of Gordon College of Education, aimed to promote cultural diversity and multicultural education.  IEA is member of a consortium that is made up of 22 institutions in 7 countries, including 8 Israeli organizations and responsible for guiding student activities on 3 Israeli college campuses.

      The first meeting of the consortium took place between October 24th and 28th at Tbilisi State University and Ilia State University . At the meeting the representatives of IEA, Ms. Yael Gidinyan and Dr. Yehuda Stolov met with the representatives of the three colleges in which students out-of-the-classroom activities will be organized: Gordon College of Education, Inter-Disciplinary Center Herzliya and Sakhnin Academic College for Teacher Education. We set the vision for each college with an on-going group of students that will meet bi-weekly and consolidate as one group with mutual respect and friendship. Several times a year the group will organize a college-wide activity that will involve the whole of the student body in inter-cultural activities, with the hope that each even will attract more students into the group so that the next event has even greater impact.

      During the following months we traveled to each of the colleges and worked on the details and on getting the support needed from the college in order to make the plan more successful.

      The second meeting of the consortium took place between March 11th and 14th in the University of Koblenz-Landau. During the meeting Mr. Ibrahim Mustafa and Dr. Yehuda Stolov, who represented IEA there, led several sessions, each focused on one of the colleges with the team of the other two colleges providing feedback and advice. The result was a detailed work-plan which should start being implemented in the coming weeks.

      We are grateful to the leaderships of the three colleges who fully cooperate with us and especially to:

      Dr. Rhonda Sofer, Coordinator of the DOIT project;

      Ms. Liel Bensimon, Mr. Assaf Fried and Ms, Gal Ginzburg – team of Inter-Disciplinary Center Herzliya;

      Ms. Camilia Darawsheh and Ms. Christine Sakran – team of Sakhnin Academic College for Teacher Education;

      Ms. Noa Lazimi and Mr. Ronen Wies – team of Gordon College of Education.

      The Interfaith Encounter Association

      P.O.Box  3814 , Jerusalem 91037 , Israel

      Phone: +972-2-6510520

      Fax:     +972-2-6510557

      Website: www.interfaith-encounter.org

        Ms. Yael Gidanyan (Chair)

        Mr. Morad Muna

        Mr. Moshe Jacobs

        Mr. Imad Abu Hassan

      Dr. Yehuda Stolov, Executive Director

      E-mail: yehuda@...

      Mr. Salah Alladin, Assistant Director

      NEW: Donate securely on-line (tax deductible in the US ) at: http://interfaithencounter.wordpress.com/donate/

      Contributions made from the U.S. , Switzerland and the U.K. are tax deductible.

      You and others are welcome to join our e-mailing lists by sending a blank message to:

      • In Israel (gets also invitations):

      Please note that the reports we send out do not necessarily represent the views of the Interfaith Encounter Association or even of the people who wrote them. The reports represent the views of the people who attended an encounter and their primary purpose is to give you a glimpse of what happened in the encounter.

      Groups listed from north to south:

      ·        Ma'alot

      ·        Acre

      ·        Karmiel-Majd el-Krum

      ·        Restaurant

      ·        M'gharSawa Rabina

      ·        M'gharShibolot

      ·        M'ghar – Bridging

      ·        M'ghar – Lana

      ·        M'ghar – Green Light

      ·        Galilee Women's Interfaith Encounter (WIE)

      ·        Jordan Valley College (YIE)

      ·        Haifa WIE

      ·        Haifa University Youth Interfaith Encounter (YIE)

      ·        Carmel City

      ·        Wadi Ara WIE

      ·        Living Together in Wadi Ara

      ·        Netania-Qalansawa

      ·        Non-Violent Communication

      ·        Tel Aviv University YIE

      ·        Petach TikvaKfar Kasem

      ·        Tel Aviv-Jaffa

      ·        A/Nahnu – Mt. Scopus YIE

      ·        Language Exchange I

      ·        Language Exchange II

      ·        East of Jerusalem

      ·        Abu Dis And Maaleh Adumim

      ·        Prayer focused

      ·        IEA Reut-Sadaqa

      ·        Study and Dialogue

      ·        Jerusalem WIE

      ·        Jerusalem YIE

      ·        Jewish-Christian study of the Gospel of Mathew

      ·        Ein Karem – Health Equality for all People in Israel

      ·        Jerusalem Arabic Speaking group

      ·        Bibliodrama

      ·        The Future – Mothers and Daughters

      ·        Interfaith Visits

      ·        Hebrew U.-Bethlehem U. YIE

      ·        Teens YIE

      ·        Women's Empowerment

      ·        East of Jerusalem

      ·        Gush Etzion

      ·        Siach Yeshiva – Hebron Students YIE

      ·        Circle of Light and Hope

      ·        Midwives

      ·        Jerusalem-Hebron Religious Leaders

      ·        Jerusalem-Hebron YIE

      ·        Jerusalem-Yata YIE

      ·        South of Hebron YIE

      ·        Eilat