Midwives of Peace Interfaith Encounter group on 16 July 2012

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2012
      Midwives of peace- summer meeting July 16th 2012

      Midwives of peace- summer meeting July 16th 2012

      After postponing the meeting twice, we finally got together sweating and happy, missing on some of our friends (due to "summer reasons") but ready to participate a neonatal resuscitation course with Lina Hury, a pediatric nurse who joined us for this purpose.

      At the beginning Lesley told the group about her meeting with Dr. Izzeldin Abuelaish in Toronto.

      Then Mindy presented a request we got from Betty-Anne Daviss and Robbie Davis Floyd to write a chapter in their new book about Birth Models on the Edge. We discussed this and decided to go for it, and each one agreed to write some of her thoughts and ideas about the group and what it means for her. We also want to get the input of ladies who were part of the group and left for some kind of a reason.

      Then we went on with our "mission" of the day - Lina gave the theoretical background for Neonatal resuscitation and the new guidelines and then we practiced with equipment and dolls which Lina brought along with her.

      We all felt it was important and very useful to do this course in group of mainly midwives and nurses. We all thanked Lina very much for volunteering with us!

      At the end of the meeting we gave Aisha a fetal monitor which we purchased for Halla for the birthing center in Mitaloon. Aisha will give it to Hala ASAP.

      The next meeting will take place on October 23th 2012 perhaps in Tel Hashomer hospital in Israel .

      Reported: Gomer Ben Moshe

      P.O.Box  3814 , Jerusalem 91037 , Israel

      Phone: +972-2-6510520

      Fax:     +972-2-6510557

      Website: www.interfaith-encounter.org

      Board:

        Ms. Nadia Tutunji-Nuseibeh (Chair)

        Ms. Yael Gidanian

        Rabbi Bob Carroll

        Ms. Saheer Siam

        Ms. Seta Ohanessian

        Ms. Randa Zreik-Sabag

      Dr. Yehuda Stolov, Executive Director

      E-mail: yehuda@...

      Mr. Salah Alladin, Assistant Director

      PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO THE INTERFAITH ENCOUNTER ASSOCIATION. SUPPORT ONE OR MORE OF OUR PROGRAMS AND JOIN US AS A MEMBER IN WORKING FOR INTERFAITH UNDERSTANDING AND PEACE.

      NEW: Donate securely on-line (tax deductible in the US ) at: http://interfaithencounter.wordpress.com/donate/

      Contributions made from the U.S. , Switzerland and the U.K. are tax deductible.

      You and others are welcome to join our e-mailing lists by sending a blank message to:

      • In Israel (gets also invitations):

              iea-announcements-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Please note that the reports we send out do not necessarily represent the views of the Interfaith Encounter Association or even of the people who wrote them. The reports represent the views of the people who attended an encounter and their primary purpose is to give you a glimpse of what happened in the encounter.

      Groups listed from north to south:

      ·        Ma'alot

      ·        Acre

      ·        Karmiel-Majd el-Krum

      ·        Restaurant

      ·        M'gharSawa Rabina

      ·        M'gharShibolot

      ·        M'ghar – Bridging

      ·        M'ghar – Lana

      ·        M'ghar – Green Light

      ·        Galilee Women's Interfaith Encounter (WIE)

      ·        Jordan Valley College (YIE)

      ·        Haifa WIE

      ·        Haifa University Youth Interfaith Encounter (YIE)

      ·        Carmel City

      ·        Wadi Ara WIE

      ·        Living Together in Wadi Ara

      ·        Netania-Qalansawa

      ·        Non-Violent Communication

      ·        Tel Aviv University YIE

      ·        Petach TikvaKfar Kasem

      ·        Tel Aviv-Jaffa

      ·        A/Nahnu – Mt. Scopus YIE

      ·        Language Exchange I

      ·        Language Exchange II

      ·        Abu Dis And Maaleh Adumim

      ·        Prayer focused

      ·        IEA Reut-Sadaqa

      ·        Study and Dialogue

      ·        Jerusalem WIE

      ·        Jerusalem YIE

      ·        Jewish-Christian study of the Gospel of Mathew

      ·        Ein Karem – Health Equality for all People in Israel

      ·        Jerusalem Arabic Speaking group

      ·        Bibliodrama

      ·        The Future – Mothers and Daughters

      ·        Interfaith Visits

      ·        Hebrew U.-Bethlehem U. YIE

      ·        Teens YIE

      ·        Women's Empowerment

      ·        Gush Etzion

      ·        Siach Yeshiva – Hebron Students YIE

      ·        Circle of Light and Hope

      ·        Midwives

      ·        Jerusalem-Hebron Religious Leaders

      ·        Jerusalem-Hebron YIE

      ·        Jerusalem-Yata YIE

      ·        Eilat