Canadian Jewish News & 4 encounters of the IEA Language Exchange groups

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2012
      מפגש "חילופי שפה"

      Dear friends,

      The Canadian Jewish News just published an article about the Interfaith Encounter Association, following my recent visit to Montreal . You can find it in the following link: http://cjnews.com/?q=node/90330

      Below please find updates from four encounters of the IEA Language Exchange groups.

      Yours, Yehuda

      (עברית וערבית אחר האנגלית – اللغة العربية والعبرية تتبع اللغة الانجليزية- Hebrew & Arabic follow English )

      Encounters of Language Exchange I & II, in April and May

      Monday, April 16th, first encounter after the return from Passover vacation:

      Joined us quite a lot of new people (we were some 12 participants), so we had a short introductory round followed by a split up into two groups.

      Then we talked about the preference of boys in the Arab society (i.e. the birth of boys) and asked whether the same situation exists in the Jewish society. We asked whether there were limitations on the women in both societies, whether the attitude towards boys and girls is different and so on.

      The discussion went in very different directions in the two groups. One group deepened in approach to children, whether a mother that wants boys will love her daughters less so (and women shared their experience), while in the second group the discussion evolved into a conversation about different cultures around the world with regard to different treatment for men and women.

      It was very interesting and successful.

      Reported: Maytal

      During April, we held only two encounters, because of Holocaust Day and Memorial Day, but both were highly successful. Monday's Group ("Language Exchange I") met on April 2nd and discussed the issue of preference for sons or daughters in the Arab and Jewish society. We asked why there is a preference for this or that gender, how the attitude towards children changes, etc. Many shared their impressions from their own experience, whether in reference to their children and how they are treated, and whether in reference to the treatment their received from their parents.

      The Wednesday group ("Language Exchange II") had a fascinating encounter on May 2nd, during which they talked about social solidarity. The conversation started with the issue of organ-donations, what are the difficulties and benefits, and what are the approaches to the subject in the various societies. Conversation turned to the Holocaust, and the public responsibility for it.

      In the beginning of the encounter, as usual, we used the first fifteen minutes to repeat words we have collected / accumulated in previous meetings. Then we started the discussion of organ-donations, where we raised some interesting questions such as what are the problems with it, what are the differences between the societies (if any) regarding organ donation, organ donation as social solidarity etc. And thus began the discussion. To organize better all the ideas we divided the discussion into two phases:

      The first phase was post-death organ donation

      The second was organ donation during our lives

      Concerning the post-death donation: Most participants were in favor of donation, no matter what part of the body and no matter to whom we donate, as long as it is part of their body or bodies of those they are responsible for, such as their children or people that the law allows them to decide for them. Minority of participants had other ideas for donation after death. On the one hand they argued that as long as it is part of your body, you can do with it what you want, but you can not decide for others. The brainstorming of the two world views was effective and fascinating.

      Concerning the donation during our lives: all participants were in favor of donating, but they have linked the organ donation to the level of closeness. For example, donating to children or parents is in the top of the list, then other relatives or friends, and at one point may also contribute to (barely, not all were in favor) for anyone who is in need.

      In the second part of the encounter we talked about a theme we did not plan, which is the subject of the Holocaust. The group discussed, until we came to the joint conclusion that human life are a red line that we must respect and not in any way to skip this rule.

      About the Holocaust all participants were opposed to this terrible and exceptional act as they are against any act of killing, regardless where it is.

      Reported: Ayman

      May 14th 2012: End-of-the-year encounter

      It was great! I spoke about the Interfaith Encounter Association, on its idea, and I pointed out that IEA operates also other groups, which they can join.

      After we raised the view of the Association, we asked the group what people thought about it - whether religion bring people closer or further apart, how they experience it in their personal lives? This was particularly interesting because one of the main participants came to the encounter with a Hijab – that is decided she was starting to wear religious dress. We asked her whether she feels that it distances people or make them closer etc. It was fascinating.

      Reported: Maytal

      מפגשי "חילופי שפה" I + II באפריל ומאי

      יום שני 16.4, המפגש הראשון מאז החזרה מחופשת פסח:

      הצטרפו אלינו די הרבה אנשים חדשים (היינו כ-12), ולכן ערכנו מפגש היכרות קצר ואחריו התפצלנו לשתי קבוצות.

      לאחר מכן עברנו לדבר על העדפה של בנים בחברה הערבית (כלומר לידה של בנים) ושאלנו האם המצב זהה בחברה היהודית. שאלנו האם ישנה הגבלה על נשים בשתי החברות, האם היחס לילדים וילדות שונה וכו'.

      בשתי הקבוצות הדיון הלך לכיוונים מאד שונים, כאשר בקבוצה אחת התעמקו ביחס לילדים, האם אם שרוצה בנים תאהב את בנותיה פחות וכו' (ונשים חלקו מניסיונן) ובקבוצה שנייה הדיון התפתח לדיון על תרבויות שונות בעולם בכל הנוגע ליחס שונה לנשים וגברים.

      היה מאד מעניין ומוצלח.

      דיווחה: מיטל

      במהלך חודש אפריל קיימנו רק שני מפגשים, בשל יום השואה ויום הזיכרון, אך שניהם היו מאד מוצלחים. הקבוצה של יום שני ("חילופי שפה I") נפגשה ב-2/4 ודנה על הנושא של העדפת בנים או בנות בחברה הערבית והיהודית. שאלנו מדוע ישנה העדפה למין כזה או אחר, כיצד היחס לילדים משתנה וכו'. רבים חלקו את רשמיהם מתוך ניסיונם האישי, בין אם מדובר בילדיהם והיחס אליהם, ובין אם מדובר ביחס שקיבלו מהוריהם.

      לקבוצת יום רביעי ("חילופי שפה II") היה מפגש מרתק ב-2/5, במהלכו דיברו על סולידריות חברתית. השיחה התחילה מתרומת איברים, מהם הקשיים והיתרונות, ומה היחס לנושא בחברות השונות. השיחה גלשה לנושא השואה, והאחריות הציבורית לכך.

      בתחילת המפגש כרגיל ניצלנו את הרבע שעה הראשונה לחזור על מילים שאספנו / צברנו ממפגשים קודמים, אחר כך התחלנו את הדיון של (תרומת איברים), ואז העלינו כמה שאלות מעניינות כמו מה הבעיות עם זה, מה ההבדלים בין החברות  (אם יש) בנוגע לתרומת איברים, הרי תרומת איברים זו סולידריות חברתית ? ומכאן התחיל הדיון. על מנת לתאם את כל הרעיונות חילקנו את הדיון לשני שלבים:

      השלב הראשון היה תרומת איברים אחרה מוות

      השלב השני היה תרומת איברים בחיים שלנו

      לגבי התרומה אחרה המוות:  רוב המשתתפים בדיון היו בעד התרומה, לא משנה על איזה איבר מדובר וגם לא משנה למי אנחנו תורמים, כל עוד מדובר על הגופה שלהם או גופות שהם אחראים עליהם כמו הבנים שלהם או אנשים שהחוק מרשה להם להחליט במקומם. מיעוט מן המשתתפים היו להם רעיונות אחרים לגבי התרומה אחרי המוות. הם טענו מצד אחד שכל עוד מדובר בגופה שלך, אתה יכול לעשות בה משאתה רוצה, אבל אתה לא יכול להחליט במקום אחרים. בשתי השקפות העולם הקודמות היה סיעור מוחין יעיל ומרתק.

      לגבי התרומה בחיים שלנו: כל המשתתפים בדיון היו בעד התרומה, אבל הם קשרו בין תרומת איברים לבין מידת הקרבה. למשל לתרום לילדים או להורים זה בראש הרשימה, אחר כך שאר הקרובים או החברים, ובשלב מסוים גם כן יכולים לתרום (בקושי, לא כולנו היינו בעד) לכל אחד נזקק.

      בחלקו השני של המפגש עלה רעיון שלא תכננו לדבר עליו והוא נושא השואה, שבו דנה הקבוצה, עד שכולנו הגענו למסקנה אחת והיא שחיי בני האדם הם קו אדום שעלינו לכבד ואסור בכל פנים ואופן  לדלג על הכלל הזה.

      לגבי השואה כל המשתתפים בדיון היו נגד המעשה החריג והנוראי הזה כמו שהם נגד כל מעשה הרג לא חשוב איפה זה מתבצע.

      דיווח: איימן

      14.5.2012: מפגש סיום

      היה נהדר! דיברתי על האגודה, על הרעיון שלה, וגם ציינתי שהאגודה מפעילה  קבוצות נוספות, שהם יכולים להשתלב בהן.

      אחרי שהעלינו את ההשקפה של האגודה, שאלנו את הקבוצה מה דעתה על הנושא - האם הדת מרחיקה או מקרבת בין אנשים, מה דעתם מניסיונם בחייהם האישיים? במיוחד היה מעניין משום שאחת המשתתפות העיקריות הגיעה עם חג'אב למפגש, כלומר החליטה שהיא מתחילה ללבוש לבוש דתי. שאלנו אותה האם היא חשה שזה מרחיק או מקרב וכו'. היה מרתק.

      דיווחה: מיטל

      لقاء "تبادل اللغة"

      كان الاجتماع يوم الاثنين 16.4، وهو الأول منذ عودتنا من عطلة عيد الفصح:

      انضم لنا الكثير من الناس الجدد  ( كنا تقريبا 12 شخص) , لذلك قمنا باجتماع تعارف قصير ومن ثم انقسمنا الى مجموعتين. ثم تحدثنا حول موضوع تفضيل الذكور في المجتمع العربي ( اي ولادة اولاد على البنات ), وتساءلنا عما اذا كان الوضع نفسه موجود في المجتمع اليهودي. وسألنا اذا كان هناك حدود للنساء في كلا المجتمعين, واذا كانت المعاملة مع الاولاد تختلف عن البنات وغير ذلك. في كلا المجموعتين النقاش اتجه في اتجاهات مختلفة, حيث في مجموعة واحدة تعمقت في ما يتعلق بالاطفال, وهل الام التى تريد اولاد سيكون حبها لبناتها اقل وغيره ( تبادل الاراء من خبرة النساء) وفي المجموعة الثانية كان النقاش حول الثقافات المختلفة في العالم فيما يتعلق بالمعاملة المختلفة للرجال والنساء.

      كان لقاء شيق

      تقرير: ميتال

      خلال شهر أبريل، عقدنا قفط اجتماعين ، وذلك من اجل يوم الكارثة ويوم الذكرى، ولكن اللقائين كانوا ناجحين. مجموعة يوم الاثنين التقوا في تاريخ 2.4.2012 تحدثوا عن موضوع تفضيل الأبناء أو البنات من المجتمع العربي واليهودي. سألنا لماذا هناك تفضيل للجنس هذا أو ذاك، كيف ان العلاقة للاولاد تتغير وغير ذلك، وما إلى ذلك.الكثير شارك في ارائهم من خلال انطباعتهم الشخصية, سواء كان الموضوع يتعلق باولادهم وعلاقتهم معهم، وسواء كان ذلك في معاملة والديهم.
      اما لمجموعة يوم الاربعاء كان لقاء رائع في 5/2، حيث جرى الحديث عن التكافل الاجتماعي. المحادثة بدأت في التبرع بالأعضاء، وما هي الصعوبات والاستحقاقات، ومعالجة ما يتعلق بالمموضوع  في مجتمعات مختلفة . تحولت

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)