REPORT: Nablus Appeal - olive-oil distribution and donations

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2002
      Dear friends,

      During the historical Israeli-Palestinian conference last month (see
      report at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iea-reports/message/67 ) we were
      approached by our Palestinian colleagues with a request to help them in
      their charity work for Ramadan in Nablus. As much as we always avoid any
      act that might be in political dispute, we felt that we have to fulfill
      this request this time due to the personal connection we created together,
      in honor of the Ramadan and after we were reassured that all the help will
      go to families that are both really in need and have no connection
      whatsoever to any violent activities.
      We therefore made the two following steps:

      (1) Issue a special appeal to our affiliates in Israel to donate money for
      that purpose. So far we have collected the sum of 1330 NIS.

      (2) Connect with the Sisters of Sion who agreed to distribute olive-oil
      made in the area of Nablus, in their monasteries in the Old City and in
      Ein Karem. The oil will be sold for the price of: 50 NIS for 2 liters,
      40 NIS for 1.5 liter.
      If you wish to buy olive-oil from them - please contact first to make sure
      when it is possible (and please try, of course, to avoid Sundays):
      * in Ecce Homo (in the Old City) - Sr. Trudy: tel no. 02-6277292/3
      * In Ein Karem - Sr. Anne Catherine/Genevieve: tel no. 02-6415738

      Best wishes,

      Yehuda

      P.O.Box 3814, Jerusalem 91037, Israel
      Phone: +972-2-6510520
      Fax: +972-2-6510557
      Website: www.interfaith-encounter.org

      Yehuda Stolov, Director
      E-mail: msyuda@...

      PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO THE INTERFAITH ENCOUNTER ASSOCIATION. SUPPORT ONE OR
      MORE OF OUR PROGRAMS AND JOIN US AS A MEMBER IN WORKING FOR INTERFAITH
      UNDERSTANDING AND PEACE.

      Contributions made from the U.S., Switzerland and the U.K. are tax
      deductible.

      You and others are welcome to join our e-mailing lists by sending a blank
      message to:
      * In Israel (gets also invitations):
      iea-announcements-subscribe@egroups.com
      * Abroad (gets reports only): iea-reports-subscribe@egroups.com