REPORT & INVITATION: Women´s Meeting in Ra ma

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19 5:16 PM
      On Monday, August 12, a follow-up meeting to the July Women's Interfaith
      Encounter Conference in Nazareth was held in Kfar Rama -- a town that is
      home to Muslim, Christian, and Druse. The meeting hall of the Catholic
      church was filled to overflowing with more than eighty Muslim, Christian,
      Jewish, and Druse women.

      In the center of our large meeting circle, the women of Rama had created a
      large centerpiece on the floor -- a big circle containing four smaller
      circles of the four religious symbols -- a cross, a crescent, a Jewish
      star, and the colorful Druse symbol -- all created with yellow flowers on a
      background of white flowers and surrounded by a circle of thorns. This was
      a deep and beautiful expression of the power of our religions to sustain us
      in such difficult times and created a moving atmosphere that inspired us
      throughout the meeting. Opening blessings of support and encouragement
      were given by Sheik Muhammed Kywan, Yehuda Stolov, the director of the
      Interfaith Encounter Association, and Father Elario Antoniastes who was
      hosting us in the meeting hall of the church of Saint Anthony. They all
      encouraged us to continue to stengthen the feminine energy in religions.

      Dialoguing together in small circles, the women shared their struggles and
      hopes, sometimes having to work hard to listen and understand each other's
      pain. We created an ambitious program for future activities and ended doing
      Sufi whirling dances to Israeli klezmer music, embracing each other, and
      planning to all meet again Thursday October 10 at 2 p.m. in Faradis
      Village. The enthusiasm and energy of the women resulted in plans for many
      future activities including a trip October 1 to Banias and Safad, a Succot
      celebration in Kfar Vradim and a Ramadan celebration in Kfar Rama, a full
      moon celebration with music and dancing in Acco, and inter-religious study
      sessions. One additional inspiring result was that the women of Kfar Rama
      planned to hold their own monthly Women's Interfaith Encounter to
      strengthen the relations among the different faith groups living there.
      We were so grateful to Kfar Rama for their gracious hospitality and for
      their powerful example of women willing to work together to improve their
      relations. We all experienced the healing power of sharing, respect, love,
      and harmony -- and went home strengthened and encouraged by our oasis of
      peace.

      We encourage all women in the North to join us in Faradis on October 10 --
      and in any of the other wonderful planned activities. We appreciate all
      the support, prayers, and love we receive from everyone -- we all
      strengthen each other. We experience the benefit of the seeds we are
      planting together.

      Elana Rozenman,
      National Coordinator for Women 052861779
      erozenman@...

      Please contact the Northern facilitators for more information:

      Christian Randa Sabag Zarik Turan 067705156

      Druze Siham Halabi Daliat El-Carmel 048396043

      Jewish Merav Chofi Ein Shemer 046374130
      0526698
      Muslim Ibtisam Mahamid Faradis 046397139
      067433974

      P.O.Box 3814, Jerusalem 91037, Israel
      Phone: +972-2-6510520
      Fax: +972-2-6510557
      Website: www.interfaith-encounter.org

      Yehuda Stolov, Director
      E-mail: msyuda@...

      PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO THE INTERFAITH ENCOUNTER ASSOCIATION. SUPPORT ONE OR
      MORE OF OUR PROGRAMS AND JOIN US AS A MEMBER IN WORKING FOR INTERFAITH
      UNDERSTANDING AND PEACE.

      Contributions made from the U.S., Switzerland and the U.K. are tax
      deductible.

      You and others are welcome to join our e-mailing lists by sending a blank
      message to:
      * In Israel (gets also invitations):
      iea-announcements-subscribe@egroups.com
      * Abroad (gets reports only): iea-reports-subscribe@egroups.com