Jerusalem Women's Interfaith Encounter on March 17th, 2009

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2009
      On March 17th 2009, members of the Jerusalem Women's Interfaith Encounter got together at the Rimon Coffee Shop at the Mamilla

      On March 17th 2009 , members of the Jerusalem Women's Interfaith Encounter got together at the Rimon Coffee Shop at the Mamilla Mall.

      It was a successful pre-Pessah/pre-Easter meeting in a relaxed atmosphere.  We were a group of about twelve Muslim, Christian and Jewish women enjoying meeting and getting to know each other around a cup of hot coffee or hot soup and talking about our families, our jobs or our different ways to celebrate our traditional holidays. It was very joyful.

      Finally we had a pleasant stroll at the mall - despite the cold weather that night and enjoyed window shopping, discovering our common tastes in fashion accessories and designers' clothes!

      We heard many positive comments from women who attended the meeting, expressing the wish to diversify our activities and include trips, cinema  and  museum visits.

      Group's coordinators: Evelyne Savir and Saheer Siam

      The Interfaith Encounter Association

      P.O.Box  3814 , Jerusalem 91037 , Israel

      Phone: +972-2-6510520

      Fax:     +972-2-6510557

      Website: www.interfaith-encounter.org

      Board:

        Ms. Evelyne Savir (Chair)

        Dr. Shlomo Alon

        Ms. Nadia Tutunji-Nuseibeh

        Ms. Saheer Siam

        Mr. Rizk Azam

      Dr. Yehuda Stolov, Executive Director

      E-mail: yehuda@...

      Mr. Salah Alladin, Assistant Director

      PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO THE INTERFAITH ENCOUNTER ASSOCIATION. SUPPORT ONE OR MORE OF OUR PROGRAMS AND JOIN US AS A MEMBER IN WORKING FOR INTERFAITH UNDERSTANDING AND PEACE.

      NEW: Donate securely on-line (tax deductible in the US ) at: http://www.interfaith-encounter.org/donations.htm

      Contributions made from the U.S. , Switzerland and the U.K. are tax deductible.

      You and others are welcome to join our e-mailing lists by sending a blank message to:

      • In Israel (gets also invitations):

              iea-announcements-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Please note that the reports we send out do not necessarily represent the views of the organization or even of the people who wrote them. The reports represent the views of the people who attended an encounter and their primary purpose is to give you a glimpse of what happened in the encounter.