The TAU Youth Interfaith Encounter group renews its activity, 22.12.08

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2008
      After a long break, the Tel Aviv University Youth Interfaith Encounter renewed its activity on December 22nd 2008, in full coo

      After a long break, the Tel Aviv University Youth Interfaith Encounter renewed its activity on December 22nd 2008 , in full cooperation with the Student Union of the Tel Aviv University .  Initially the group is coordinated by Salah Alladin and Yehuda Stolov who come from Jerusalem but the aim is to soon train TAU students to be the group's coordinators.

      As the whole group is new, to the Interfaith Encounter Association as well as to interfaith dialogue in general and to each other, we began with self introduction of the people, followed by introduction of IEA and the plan for this year's encounters.

      Then we had another round of self introduction on a deeper level: background in the respective religious traditions and in Jewish-Arab relations as well as expectations from the group.

      The last introductory exercise included each of the participants writing five things that he or she knows about the other two faiths. Reading some of these statements and discussing them led to many conversations around basic concepts in the three traditions, mainly Islam and Christianity who were in minority.

      The Interfaith Encounter Association

      P.O.Box  3814 , Jerusalem 91037 , Israel

      Phone: +972-2-6510520

      Fax:     +972-2-6510557

      Website: www.interfaith-encounter.org

      Board:

        Mr. Adnan Trabsha (Chair)

        Ms. Evelyne Savir

        Dr. Shlomo Alon

        Ms. Nadia Tutunji-Nuseibeh

        Ms. Saheer Siam

        Mr. Rizk Azam

        Sr. Karmela Farrugia, Observer

      Dr. Yehuda Stolov, Executive Director

      E-mail: yehuda@...

      Mr. Salah Alladin, Assistant Director

      PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO THE INTERFAITH ENCOUNTER ASSOCIATION. SUPPORT ONE OR MORE OF OUR PROGRAMS AND JOIN US AS A MEMBER IN WORKING FOR INTERFAITH UNDERSTANDING AND PEACE.

      NEW: Donate securely on-line (tax deductible in the US ) at: http://www.interfaith-encounter.org/donations.htm

      Contributions made from the U.S. , Switzerland and the U.K. are tax deductible.

      You and others are welcome to join our e-mailing lists by sending a blank message to:

      • In Israel (gets also invitations):

              iea-announcements-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Please note that the reports we send out do not necessarily represent the views of the organization or even of the people who wrote them. The reports represent the views of the people who attended an encounter and their primary purpose is to give you a glimpse of what happened in the encounter.