Students' Parliament on February 12

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2007
      At the request of the Ministry of Education, we led – on February 12 – a session of interfaith encounter for 200 secondary sch

      At the request of the Ministry of Education, we led – on February 12 – a session of interfaith encounter for 200 Jewish Muslim and Christian secondary school students of the Students' Parliament of the Ministry's central region.

      We started by a general introduction of the ideas and practice of the work of the Interfaith Encounter Association (IEA) by its executive director Dr. Yehuda Stolov and of the work of IEA's women's group in Jerusalem by Ms. Zainab Ta'ah, as well as presenting the documentary about the work of IEA's school project in Karmiel and Majd el-Krum.

      Students divided into 20 circles of ten and started studying together three pages of Jewish texts of Maimonides, Rabbi Yosef Karo, Rabbi Yehuda Halevi and Rabbi Kook; Muslim texts from the Koran and Hadith and Christian texts from the New Testament and Nostra Aetate - all about "The Other". The texts were original texts and challenging for the students but they study them, had very good discussions about them and drew personal lessons for their own life.

      We ended the session with a representative of each group who shared with the plenary highlights from the discussion in their group.

      P.O.Box  3814 , Jerusalem 91037 , Israel

      Phone: +972-2-6510520

      Fax:     +972-2-6510557

      Website: www.interfaith-encounter.org

      Board:

        Ms. Rafiqa Othman, Chair

        Sr. Karmela Farrugia, Vice-Chair

        Mr. Dotan Arad

        Rabbi Dr. Dov Maimon

        Ms. Saheer Siam

        Mr. Adnan Trabsha

        Ms. Nada Abu Zaidan

      Dr. Yehuda Stolov, Director

      E-mail: yehuda@...

      PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO THE INTERFAITH ENCOUNTER ASSOCIATION. SUPPORT ONE OR MORE OF OUR PROGRAMS AND JOIN US AS A MEMBER IN WORKING FOR INTERFAITH UNDERSTANDING AND PEACE.

      NEW: Donate on-line at: http://www.interfaith-encounter.org/donations.htm

      Contributions made from the U.S. , Switzerland and the U.K. are tax deductible.

      You and others are welcome to join our e-mailing lists by sending a blank message to:

      • In Israel (gets also invitations):

              iea-announcements-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      This mail was sent from interfaith-encounter.org