"Dietary Laws" - Jerusaem Women's Interfaith Encounter on November 6th

  • y_stolov
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2006
      Our Jerusalem WIE November meeting at the Swedish Theological
      Institute was very warm and uplifting though we were only nine
      members.

      Our topic was "Dietary laws" in all three religions. We had the
      pleasure to listen to Felicie's presentation of the Jewish laws of
      Kashrut, followed by Noemi's presentation of dietary laws in the
      Christian tradition and Suhair's explanation of Muslim dietary
      customs. Many questions followed, everybody was interested to know
      about the different customs presented.

      As our members had expressed the wish to share a light meal during
      our meetings, Suhair was kind enough to bring delicious food and
      drinks, some other members brought some additions and altogether we
      had a wonderful time.

      We decided to have the December meeting at Evelyne's home followed
      by a Hanukka party - and discuss the holidays of Hanukka and
      Christmas. The Holiday of Id el Adha will be discussed in our
      January meeting.

      Reporter by Evelyne Savir

      Group's coordinators: Evelyne Savir, Rose Naber & Saheer Siam

      The Interfaith Encounter Association
      P.O.Box 3814, Jerusalem 91037, Israel
      Phone: +972-2-6510520
      Fax: +972-2-6510557
      Website: www.interfaith-encounter.org

      Board:
      Ms. Rafiqa Othman, Chair
      Sr. Karmela Farrugia, Vice-Chair
      Rabbi Dr. Dov Maimon
      Mr. Adnan Trabsha
      Ms. Saheer Siam
      Ms. Rose Naber
      Mr. Dotan Arad
      Ms. Nada Abu Zaidan

      Dr. Yehuda Stolov, Director
      E-mail: yehuda@...

      PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO THE INTERFAITH ENCOUNTER ASSOCIATION. SUPPORT
      ONE OR MORE OF OUR PROGRAMS AND JOIN US AS A MEMBER IN WORKING FOR
      INTERFAITH UNDERSTANDING AND PEACE.

      NEW: Donate on-line at: http://www.interfaith-
      encounter.org/donations.htm

      Contributions made from the U.S., Switzerland and the U.K. are tax
      deductible.

      You and others are welcome to join our e-mailing lists by sending a
      blank message to:
      • In Israel (gets also invitations):
      iea-announcements-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      • Abroad (gets reports only): iea-reports-
      subscribe@yahoogroups.com