IEA play by children of Beth Jacob synagogue in Montpelier, VT

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2011
      Dear friends,

      In the following link you will find a beutiful play by the chidren of Bth Jacob synagogue in Montpelier, VT:
      This was organized by Miriam Hansen from the synagogue and you can read below her story. I do hope you will love it as I did.

      Yours, Yehuda

      I have known about the Interfaith Encounter's work almost from its inception and have been so impressed and inspired by your courage and your simple, elegant efforts to make faith a bond rather than an obstacle. As a contributor to the IEA, I receive all the bulletins about your work. When I read about your project in Jerusalem, soliciting donations at Passover, I couldn't stop telling people about it. When I was asked to teach a short unit on conversational Hebrew and Israel, to the older children at our Hebrew School, I saw it as a great opportunity to publicize your work. I first showed the children your video about the work you are doing between Karmiel and Majd el Krum. I thought a video that featured kids would speak to them directly and indeed it did. From there, they were very open to doing the play. Please understand that these children knew not one word of Hebrew when we began six weeks earlier. It was a great leap of faith for them to trust me that we could pull it off and also that the community would be open to something like this. Many North American Jews have a hard time speaking to each other about the conflict in Israel and Palestine. Like you, we are often polarized and the conversations quickly become very divisive. I think it is absolutely critical that we speak to each other and especially that we do everything we can to support efforts like yours, to build bridges of understanding and friendship. For this reason, II am interested in starting an Interfaith Encounter group here as well. I have sent this little play and information about IEA to as many people as I can, and without exception, people find your work inspiring. I hope to continue to support you in any way I can. Yesher koach.

      Miriam Hansen

      P.O.Box  3814 , Jerusalem 91037 , Israel

      Phone: +972-2-6510520

      Fax:     +972-2-6510557

      Website: www.interfaith-encounter.org

      Board:

        Ms. Nadia Tutunji-Nuseibeh (Chair)

        Ms. Yael Gidanian

        Rabbi Bob Carroll

        Ms. Saheer Siam

        Ms. Seta Hovhanessian

        Ms. Randa Zreik-Sabag

      Dr. Yehuda Stolov, Executive Director

      E-mail: yehuda@...

      Mr. Salah Alladin, Assistant Director

      PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO THE INTERFAITH ENCOUNTER ASSOCIATION. SUPPORT ONE OR MORE OF OUR PROGRAMS AND JOIN US AS A MEMBER IN WORKING FOR INTERFAITH UNDERSTANDING AND PEACE.

      NEW: Donate securely on-line (tax deductible in the US ) at: http://interfaithencounter.wordpress.com/donate/

      Contributions made from the U.S. , Switzerland and the U.K. are tax deductible.

      You and others are welcome to join our e-mailing lists by sending a blank message to:

      • In Israel (gets also invitations):

              iea-announcements-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Please note that the reports we send out do not necessarily represent the views of the Interfaith Encounter Association or even of the people who wrote them. The reports represent the views of the people who attended an encounter and their primary purpose is to give you a glimpse of what happened in the encounte