Women's Interfaith Encounter Feb 19

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2002
      WOMEN'S INTERFAITH ENCOUNTER

      The next Women's Interfaith Encounter will take place on February 19 -- 6
      p.m. -- 8 p.m.

      The subject for study will be: "The story of Creation and how it affects
      the way the religion relates to women".
      Different women from each religion are preparing the relevant texts from
      the Bible and the Koran to bring to us for study.

      The Encounter has been limited to 30 women with a balance of the three
      religions. We are needing more Palestinian Christians to join us. We are
      keeping a list of all women who've expressed an interest to be involved, so
      that we will be able to include them as we grow larger.

      This is a very exciting process -- we strive for consensus and hope that we
      can create an enriching and strengthening process for everyone. To be
      doing anything of this nature at this time is an enormous blessing and a
      sign of hope that women CAN strengthen the forces of tolerance and
      non-violence. So, good luck to all of us.

      If you're interested, please contact on of the below addresses:

      Jewish - Elana Rozenman erozenman@...
      Muslim - Lina Yassin linayassin@...
      Christian - Hanan Totary totaryh@...

      Even if you cannot attend the workshops with us in the Mid-East, we
      encourage you to have similar functions in your area, as we all strive for
      peace.

      PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO THE INTERFAITH ENCOUNTER ASSOCIATION. SUPPORT ONE OR
      MORE OF OUR PROGRAMS AND JOIN US AS A MEMBER IN WORKING FOR INTERFAITH
      UNDERSTANDING AND PEACE.

      Contributions made from Israel, the U.S., Switzerland and the U.K. are tax
      deductible.

      Yehuda Stolov, Director
      E-mail: msyuda@...

      You and others are welcome to join our e-mailing lists by sending a blank
      message to:
      * In Israel (gets also invitations):
      iea-announcements-subscribe@egroups.com
      * Abroad (gets reports only): iea-reports-subscribe@egroups.com