Study and Dialogue Interfaith Encounter group on June 9th

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2009
      On June 9th the Study and Dialogue Interfaith Encounter group had its monthly encounter

      On June 9th the Study and Dialogue Interfaith Encounter group had its monthly encounter.

      We first welcomed the returning old/new Muslim coordinator Tarek Masarwa, who founded the group in 2005 but in the last two years was absent due to good personal challenges. Most of the group's members did not know Tarek before so we spent some time in getting acquainted.

      Then we brainstormed together about the activity of the group in the coming months. We agreed that the two coordinators of the group – Dov and Tarek – will plan ahead a list of themes for the next 5 encounters. For each theme they will add a reference to a key text and the list of dates, themes and texts will be sent to all group members in advance. In this way they will be able to prepare and the conversation will be able to go deeper.

      P.O.Box  3814 , Jerusalem 91037 , Israel

      Phone: +972-2-6510520

      Fax:     +972-2-6510557

      Website: www.interfaith-encounter.org

      Board:

        Ms. Evelyne Savir (Chair)

        Dr. Shlomo Alon

        Ms. Nadia Tutunji-Nuseibeh

        Ms. Saheer Siam

        Mr. Rizk Azam

      Dr. Yehuda Stolov, Executive Director

      E-mail: yehuda@...

      Mr. Salah Alladin, Assistant Director

      PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO THE INTERFAITH ENCOUNTER ASSOCIATION. SUPPORT ONE OR MORE OF OUR PROGRAMS AND JOIN US AS A MEMBER IN WORKING FOR INTERFAITH UNDERSTANDING AND PEACE.

      NEW: Donate securely on-line (tax deductible in the US ) at: http://www.interfaith-encounter.org/donations.htm

      Contributions made from the U.S. , Switzerland and the U.K. are tax deductible.

      You and others are welcome to join our e-mailing lists by sending a blank message to:

      • In Israel (gets also invitations):

              iea-announcements-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Please note that the reports we send out do not necessarily represent the views of the Interfaith Encounter Association or even of the people who wrote them. The reports represent the views of the people who attended an encounter and their primary purpose is to give you a glimpse of what happened in the encounter.