IEA coordinators win '2006 Women's Peace Initiatve Award'

    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2007
      Dear friends,

      It gives me and the whole of the Interfaith Encounter Association great pleasure and pride to congratulate Ms. Najeeba Sirhan and Ms. Osnat Aram-Daphna, our coordinators of the Karmiel & Majd el-Krum Interfaith Encounter group, for being selected as the recipients of the 2006 Women’s Peace Initiative Award of the Tanenbaum Center for Interreligious Understanding.

      The notification letter includes the following lines:

      "In the summer of 2006, we launched our Middle East-North Africa Women’s Peace Initiative to identify, promote, and support religiously motivated women who are risking their lives and freedom for peace in areas of armed conflict in the MENA region.  This award follows the success of our Peacemakers in Action initiative, which annually recognizes grassroots religious peacemakers – men or women - from conflict areas around the world.  The Women’s Peace Initiative was created to bring increased attention specifically to the important work being done by religious women peacemakers in the MENA.

      We hope that the prestige of this award, which designates you as a Tanenbaum Peacemaker, will support you in your own efforts while inspiring others to follow in your footsteps."

      We all join the Tanenbaum Center in these wishes to Osnat and Najeeba!

      Yours,

      Yehuda

      P.O.Box  3814 , Jerusalem 91037 , Israel

      Phone: +972-2-6510520

      Fax:     +972-2-6510557

      Website: www.interfaith-encounter.org

      Board:

        Sr. Karmela Farrugia, Chair

        Ms. Rafiqa Othman, Vice-Chair

        Rabbi Dr. Dov Maimon, Vice-Chair

        Mr. Adnan Trabsha, Vice-Chair

        Mr. Dotan Arad

        Ms. Saheer Siam

        Ms. Nada Abu Zaidan

      Dr. Yehuda Stolov, Director

      E-mail: yehuda@...

      PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO THE INTERFAITH ENCOUNTER ASSOCIATION. SUPPORT ONE OR MORE OF OUR PROGRAMS AND JOIN US AS A MEMBER IN WORKING FOR INTERFAITH UNDERSTANDING AND PEACE.

      NEW: Donate on-line at: http://www.interfaith-encounter.org/donations.htm

      Contributions made from the U.S. , Switzerland and the U.K. are tax deductible.

      You and others are welcome to join our e-mailing lists by sending a blank message to:

      • In Israel (gets also invitations):

              iea-announcements-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      This mail was sent from interfaith-encounter.org