REMINDER & TENTATIVE TIMETABLE: Love Your Neighbor as Yourself - a two-day retreat in Acco, Wednesday and Thursday 18-19 December 2002

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2002
      Dear friends,

      Please find below the tentative timetable for the Acco retreat. There are
      still a few places available so please register soon.
      I take this opportunity to wish Happy Khannuka to our Jewish friends and
      Happy Id El Fitr to our Muslim friends.

      Best wishes,

      Yehuda

      Tentative Timetable
      *******************

      Wednesday, 18 December 2002
      ***************************
      15:00 - 16:30 Registration
      16:30 - 17:00 Coffee
      17:00 - 17:45 Opening and greetings
      17:45 - 19:45 First session: Jewish perspective
      - 15 minutes presentation + 15 minutes questions
      - 2.5 hours in small discussion groups of 10
      20:00 - 21:00 Dinner
      21:00 - Walk to El Jazar Mosque and public session

      Thursday, 19 December
      *********************
      8:30 - 11:00 Second session: Christian Perspective
      11:15 - 13:30 Third session: Muslim perspective
      13:30 - 14:30 Lunch
      14:30 - 16:30 Fourth session: Druze Perspective
      16:30 - 17:00 Concluding session

      Love Your Neighbor as Yourself - a two-day retreat in Acco

      The Interfaith Encounter Association is pleased to invite you to a
      conference of interfaith dialogue and discussions for Jews, Muslims,
      Christian and Druze people of all ages, genders and walk of life.

      During this exciting conference we will learn about each other's faith and
      tradition, engage in non-political interfaith discussions and begin to
      build an interfaith community in the West-Galilee, a community in which
      the 'otherness' of the other is accepted and respected and harmony
      prevails, in order to promote mutual understanding and respect across
      social divides in the Israeli society.

      The program will include short presentations by:
      - Rabbi Yosef Yahsar, Chief Rabbi of Acco
      - Sheikh Mohammad Kiwan, Imam of Majd El Krum
      - Fr. Dr. George Khoury, President of Greek-Catholic Religious
      Court
      - Sheikh Ali Birani, Daliat El Carmel
      Following each of the presentations we will have a longer session of
      discussions in small group, led by experienced facilitators.
      In the evening, if the weather allows, we will walk to El Jazar Mosque
      where we will be received by the Imam and have an open session with the
      local public.
      We hope to be greeted by the leader of the Druze community Sheikh Mowafq
      Tarif and by the Mayor of Acre Shmariahu Biran.

      Time: The seminar will take place on Wednesday and Thursday, 18-19
      **** 18-19 December 2002 (starting Wednesday at 16:30, ending Thursday
      around 17:00)

      Place: Palm Beach Hotel , sea-shore of Acco (Acre)
      *****

      Participation fee: for affiliates who paid dues for 2002:
      ***************** 100 NIS (staying in the hotel); 50 NIS (external
      participants)
      for others: additional 60 NIS

      * Price includes participation in seminar activities.
      Accommodation in double room, meals on full board basis and refreshments
      in coffee breaks will be covered by us.

      Affiliation dues for 2002 are 100 NIS. We ask you to make the effort, if
      you can, and support us. Paying the affiliation dues gives priority when
      space is limited and reductions off participation fees, but mainly help
      running the Interfaith Encounter Association, support existing projects
      and initiate new ones.

      Registration: Please send a check to the Interfaith Encounter
      ************ Association (in Hebrew: AGUDAT HAMIFGASH HABEIN
      DATI) with the filled registration form,
      Our address: P.O.Box 3814, Jerusalem 91037
      Please ALSO inform us by phone - 02-6510520 (voice-box 24 hours a day)

      This conference is sponsored by the United States Institute of Peace
      (USIP) and we are grateful for their support to our work.

      Registration Form:
      *****************

      Name:

      Address:

      Tel No: E-mail:

      No. of persons registering:

      Enclosed Affiliation dues for 2002: [ ] 100 NIS

      and/or for participants.

      I understand: [ ] Hebrew [ ] Arabic [ ] English
      I speak: [ ] Hebrew [ ] Arabic [ ] English

      P.O.Box 3814, Jerusalem 91037, Israel
      Phone: +972-2-6510520
      Fax: +972-2-6510557
      Website: www.interfaith-encounter.org

      Yehuda Stolov, Director
      E-mail: msyuda@...

      PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO THE INTERFAITH ENCOUNTER ASSOCIATION. SUPPORT ONE OR
      MORE OF OUR PROGRAMS AND JOIN US AS A MEMBER IN WORKING FOR INTERFAITH
      UNDERSTANDING AND PEACE.

      Contributions made from the U.S., Switzerland and the U.K. are tax
      deductible.

      You and others are welcome to join our e-mailing lists by sending a blank
      message to:
      * In Israel (gets also invitations):
      iea-announcements-subscribe@egroups.com
      * Abroad (gets reports only): iea-reports-subscribe@egroups.com