UPDATE: 2nd Israeli-Palestinian conference, 12-14 September 2002

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2002
      Dear friends,

      there are still some places available for the conference. Please find
      copied below the tentative time-table.

      Best wishes,

      Yehuda

      -------------------------------------
      Thursday, 12 September 2002

      18:00 - Dinner
      19:00 - Introductory meeting (in groups of 4)

      Friday, 13 September

      10:00 - 13:00 First session: Jewish Perspective
      - 15 minutes presentation + 15 minutes questions
      - 2.5 hours in small discussion groups of 10
      13:00 - 16:00 Lunch and break
      16:00 - 17:30 Second session: Muslim Perspective
      - first part: 30 minute presentation + questions
      1 hour discussion in groups
      17:30 - 18:30 Prayer session: Jewish opening of Shabbat, Muslim evening
      prayer, Christian prayer
      18:30 - 19:30 Second session: Muslim Perspective
      - second part: continued discussion in groups
      19:30 - Dinner + singing

      Saturday, 14 September

      10:30 - 13:30 Third session: Christian Perspective
      13:30 - 15:00 Lunch
      15:00 - 15:30 Concluding session

      --

      2nd Israeli-Palestinian Conference
      **********************************

      The Interfaith Encounter Association is pleased to invite you to a
      conference of Interfaith dialogue and discussions for Israelis and
      Palestinians, co-financed by the European Community.
      After having the 1st conference in parallel, this will be the first time
      since the beginning of the past 20 months of violence that a face-to-face
      meeting, which is open to the public, will be held.

      During the conference we will engage in non-political interfaith
      discussions designed to help participants better know "the other" in
      his/her humanity, which we believe can make a significant contribution to
      establishing peace among the two peoples and three faiths which are
      destined to share this small land.

      Time and place: The seminar will take place on 12-14 September 2002
      ************** at Beit Berl, near Kfar Saba

      Participation fee: for affiliates who paid dues for 2002: 150 NIS
      ***************** for others: 210 NIS

      * Price includes: participation in seminar activities.
      Accommodation in double room, meals on full board basis
      and refreshments in coffee breaks will be provided.

      * Affiliation dues for 2002 are 100 NIS. We ask you to
      make the effort, if you can, and support us. Paying the
      affiliation dues gives priority when space is limited and
      reductions off participation fees, but mainly help running the
      Interfaith Encounter Association, support existing projects and
      initiate new ones.

      Registration: Please send a check to the Interfaith Encounter
      ************ Association (in Hebrew: AGUDAT HAMIFGASH HABEIN
      DATI) with the filled registration form,
      Our address: P.O.Box 3814, Jerusalem 91037
      Please ALSO inform us by phone - 02-6510520 (voic-ebox 24 hours a day)

      (* This document has been produced with the financial assisttance
      of the European Community. The views expressed herein are those of The
      Interfaith Encounter Association and can therefore in no way be taken to
      reflect the official opinion of the European commission.)

      Registration Form:
      *****************

      Name:

      Address:

      Tel No: E-mail:

      No. of persons registering:
      Enclosed Membership dues for 2002 [ ] 100 NIS

      and/or for participants.

      I will arrive on [ ] Thursday 12 September [ ] Friday

      I understand: [ ] Hebrew [ ] Arabic [ ] English
      I speak: [ ] Hebrew [ ] Arabic [ ] English

      P.O.Box 3814, Jerusalem 91037, Israel
      Phone: +972-2-6510520
      Fax: +972-2-6510557
      Website: www.interfaith-encounter.org

      Yehuda Stolov, Director
      E-mail: msyuda@...

      PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO THE INTERFAITH ENCOUNTER ASSOCIATION. SUPPORT ONE OR
      MORE OF OUR PROGRAMS AND JOIN US AS A MEMBER IN WORKING FOR INTERFAITH
      UNDERSTANDING AND PEACE.

      Contributions made from the U.S., Switzerland and the U.K. are tax
      deductible.

      You and others are welcome to join our e-mailing lists by sending a blank
      message to:
      * In Israel (gets also invitations):
      iea-announcements-subscribe@egroups.com
      * Abroad (gets reports only): iea-reports-subscribe@egroups.com