Report of Planning meeting for Nazareth Conference

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2002
      Dear friends,

      (For further details and contacts please see:

      Last week the Northern region Women's Interfaith Encounter team planning
      the Conference on Religious Tolerance and Social Justice for July 11 - 12,
      met at the Marriot Hotel in Nazareth Illit with Yehuda Stolov to finalize
      arrangements and plans at the hotel. Today a follow-up meeting was held in
      Fureidis at the home of our Muslim Coordinator and attended by six other
      Jewish, Druze, Muslim, and Christian women. After a delicious meal
      prepared by our hostess, we finalized the program and schedule, the
      invitation, and the content of all the sessions in three languages. This
      conference will not only be completely conducted by women, it will feature
      teachers from the four religions, small group discussions, entertainment
      from the different traditions, group prayer and meditation, and group
      visualizations to strengthen the energies of peace, harmony, and
      cooperation between us. It will result in an action plan for the future
      activities of the Northern region Womens Interfaith Encounter.

      Plans are already being made for similar conferences which will be held in
      the fall in the Central region, and in the winter for the Southern region.
      Our vision is to have interfaith women meeting regularly all over the
      country to create an atmosphere of mutual understanding, respect, and
      loving companionship. Please bless us with the strength and support to
      fulfill this vision.

      Love,
      Elana Rozenman
      Coordinator
      Womens Interfaith Encounter

      P.O.Box 3814, Jerusalem 91037, Israel
      Phone: +972-2-6510520
      Fax: +972-2-6510557
      Website: www.interfaith-encounter.org

      Yehuda Stolov, Director
      E-mail: msyuda@...

      PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO THE INTERFAITH ENCOUNTER ASSOCIATION. SUPPORT ONE OR
      MORE OF OUR PROGRAMS AND JOIN US AS A MEMBER IN WORKING FOR INTERFAITH
      UNDERSTANDING AND PEACE.

      Contributions made from the U.S., Switzerland and the U.K. are tax
      deductible.

      You and others are welcome to join our e-mailing lists by sending a blank
      message to:
      * In Israel (gets also invitations):
      iea-announcements-subscribe@egroups.com
      * Abroad (gets reports only): iea-reports-subscribe@egroups.com