2012 Annual General Meeting and elections of IEA

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2012
      Dear friends,

      First I would like to update that we found some mistakes in the 2011 Annual Activity Report. In particular: two of our generous donors were not printed in the PDF version and we deeply apologize to them. The corrected file can be now viewed and downloaded from our Annual Reports page: http://interfaithencounter.wordpress.com/groupseventsprojects/related-documents/

      Now, I am happy and honored to report that on Thursday, 30 August 2012 , the Interfaith Encounter Association held its Annual General Meeting, enjoying the lovely hospitality of the Austrian Hospice in the heart of the Old City of Jerusalem.

      The coordinators of IEA groups and its other activists briefed each other about the nature of their groups and how they progressed in the past year. Then they were presented with the Activity Reports by IEA's Executive Director Dr. Yehuda Stolov. Next, the Financial Reports for 2011 were presented in detail by IEA's Assitant Director Mr. Salah Aladdin who also reported the recommendation of the Audit Committee to approve them, which they did.

      Then came the most exciting part of the meeting: for the 4th time in IEA's history the coordinators elected in secret ballot, from among those who stood for elections, the Board and the Audit Committee. We are happy to announce that the following coordinators were elected:

      Board:             Yael Gidinian

                              Moshe Jacobs

                              Imad Abu Hassan

                              Morad Mona

      Audit Committee:       Moatasem Hassuneh

                                          Itamar Taharlev

      Warm congratulations and wishes for successful and effective work to all!!

      We ended with brainstorming on ideas for further growth of activity and in a decision to accept the idea to hold another general meeting in which we will jointly tackle challenges that arise in the different groups and explore together ways to handle them and leverage them for growth.

      Yours,

      Yehuda