New user and verb questions

  • guitardan81
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 2007
      Kar amiki,

      I recently started to learn Esperanto, and found it very frustrating.
      I read about Ido on Wikipedia and I have found it much more enjoyable
      than Esperanto. I have an idea of how Ido verbs work, but I'm not
      certain that I am correct on the usage.

      Parolar - To speak
      Parolir - To have spoken
      Parolor - To be going to speak
      Me parolas - I speak or I am speaking
      Me parolis - I spoke
      Me parolos - I will speak
      Me parolus - I would speak
      Parolez! - (You) Speak
      Me esas parolonta - I am going to speak (seems the same as Me parolos)
      Me esis parolonta - I was going to speak
      Me esas amata - I am loved
      Me esis amata - I was loved
      Me esos amata - I will be loved

      Is this correct? Thank you for your help.

      Daniel Barber
    • Kiran Annavarapu
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 11, 2007
        Hello Dan and John,
        Welcome to Idia. I have been learning Ido since 2004, and every moment
        has been a pleasure. Dan, your list of verb conjugations is correct. I
        myself have used all the online dictionaries you mentioned, and did not
        need to buy a paper dictionary so far. If you would like to learn more
        Ido I would recommend that you subscribe to the yahoo groups: idolisto
        and ido-lerneyo, where you can interact with many idists worldwide.
        The ido-angla list does not seem to be very active at the moment. An
        excellent
        online course for English speakers can be found at
        http://www.geocities.com/athens/sparta/6367/

        Regards,
        Kiran
      • guitardan81