acoustic guitars

  • George Fiala
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2011
      Some people here might know that I have been hosting music jams for the past year on Thursday nights in my mailing business space in Brooklyn. What happened is that I moved my business to a neat little building and had enough room leftover after I put everything in for stage and cafe area.

      I'm writing here to say that beginning tomorrow I'm adding an acoustic night, and possibly some here might be interested in a coffee house type place to have this kind of fun. We'll even have some acoustic guitars around in case yo don't feel like dragging yours. The place is at 101 Union Street, lots of parking around - the closest train is the F train to Carroll Street and then walk west to the water on Union. It will be starting at 8 pm, and of course we'll be having coffee and some snacks, and of course there's no charge for any of it because really I'm in the mailing business...

      Happy MayDay!

      George in Brooklyn
    • Amy O'Connell
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2011
        Very cool, George! What a wonderful use for your space during non-business hours. I hope to make it out there soon. Until then, keep us posted on the musical happenings.
      • Adam Bernstein
        Message 3 of 8 , May 2, 2011
          George,

          I'd like to play sometime.

          Best, AB
        • George Fiala
          Message 4 of 8 , May 2, 2011
            I guess I wasn't clear, but there's no schedule, it's a free-form jam where the musicians who show up pretty much decide who's onstage... all are invited. This has worked nicely on Thursday nights...

            George
            --- In iddiots@yahoogroups.com, Adam Bernstein <taniadam@...> wrote:

            > George,
            >
            > I'd like to play sometime.
            >
            > Best, AB

          • Sarah Wrightson
            Message 5 of 8 , May 2, 2011
              What night of the week George? Mondays? I wasn't sure. We will be in NYC
              later this week leaving the 10th.

              Sarah

              Message 6 of 8 , May 2, 2011
                Mondays from 8 to 11 or so...

                Message 7 of 8 , May 3, 2011
                  We will miss it this trip as we fly out early Tuesday morning.
                  I suspect we'll be back and forth a little more frequently though.
                  Sarah

                  On 5/2/11 9:40 AM George Fiala wrote:

                  > Mondays from 8 to 11 or so...
                • Sarah Wrightson
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 13, 2011
                    A few here might be interested in the documentary about the 40 year old
                    Houston club, Anderson Fair which was the Texas songwriting world, before
                    Austin was a gleam in a promoter's eye. A DVD is now available:
                    http://www.andersonfairthemovie.com/

                    They saved the best for last and himself has his own little section at the
                    end.

                    Sarah