A Grammy for Loudon!!!

  • iddwiz
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2010
      At last, Loudon Wainwright III gets a Grammy, after several other nominations over the years!

      High Wide and Handsome - The Charlie Poole project is a FABULOUS record. Well deserved, Loudo!

      He wrote The Grammy Song in 1983.....

      Last night I dreamed that I'd won a Grammy
      It was presented to me by Debbie Harry
      I ran up on stage in my tux
      I gulped and I said "Aw Shucks"
      I'd like to thank my producer
      And Jesus Christ

      The audience gave me a standing ovation
      I shed tears of joy, I shed tears of elation
      Behind the podium there
      Debbie grabbed my derrierre
      I'd like to thank my producer
      And Jesus Christ

      I took my Grammy, and Debbie
      and I walked offstage
      We made the cover of Cashbox and the Random Notes page

      In the weeks that followed things went fine for me
      An Oscar, a Tony, and an Emmy
      Bo Derek, and Barbara Mandell
      A Pulitzer and a Nobel
      Meryl Streep and Tammi Tyrell