Another Music Film At NY Film Fest

  • Nora Lee Mandel
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2009

      I'll be writing up a formal review next week, but I wanted to give you a heads up on an unusual music film:

      http://ticketing.filmlinc.com/single/EventDetail.aspx?p=188

      NE CHANGE RIEN

      My editor is sure to edit out most of my music comparisons, but seeing the perfectionist singer/French actress Jeanne Balibar in the studio, in performance, and at voice lessons is like watching Lucinda Williams do Serge Gainsbourg songs.  It's a fascinating insight into how an album can be made, and it is shot in beautiful black and white.  So far it doesn't have a U.S. distributor.

      The Film Society is pushing their new discount, rush tickets.

      XXXXXXXXXXX

      Very annoying that not only is the verbiage on the new Avett Brothers CD hard to read, they didn't include a lyrics sheet so I had to search on line to figure out it's the title song that has the "Brooklyn Brooklyn" chorus.

      The Mandel/Shultz Maven's Nest is at:
      http://mavensnest.net