Dylan

  • Don
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 7, 2013
      Got the new Dylan Bootleg Series Vol 623 (in vinyl, natch) and am digging a lot of it, especially some tracks I've never heard.

      This triggered me to thinking about what would be on my list of favorite "lesser" Dylan albums; you know, the ones that will never considered good enough to be in the Pantheon.

      So, sifting through titles, the following 5 jumped out of the bookcase:

      John Wesley Harding
      New Morning
      Infidels
      Empire Burlesque
      Oh Mercy

      Some good eatin' here.

      Don
    • Traderdube
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 8, 2013
        Other then the immortal, bad word, albums, Blonde on Blonde/Blood on the Track, the 5 you mention are among Bob's Best. But the scary reality of Dylan's recording career is that his last three are as good as any and/or all the others. Besides the cultural and societal impact, the undeniable influence on his peers, the millions he has earned, it's the longevity of his career with amazing output that utterly amazes me.

        Dennis