Re: The IDD comes of age

  • suzelinski12@att.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 23 9:30 AM

      Hello IDD wherever you may be:

      Finally got around to reading the link Ruth posted to the IDD Vol. 1 (pre-digest) and had the following thoughts:

      • Sheryl Crow is mentioned in the first IDD numerous times!!!  Did not expect that, but then again, I guess she is everywhere.
      • Me and Razoo Kelly....I was so into them.  I remember the letters being read on Vin's Saturday morning show on WPLJ when I was a teenager--like 17 or 18--this would have been 1977-78--ish?  Can that be right?
      • Like one of the Vol 1. contributors, I too heard Vin on a Saturday morning mention that tickets were being released for Bruce at the Capitol Theater in Passaic.  I jumped in my car and rushed to Jack's Music in Red Bank to score SRO tickets.  One of the best concert experiences of my life!  Oh to be 17 again.
      • Scott and Fil are true heroes.  There are not many people who birth and raise a vehicle for bonding people together and creating shared memories.  Sure, without Vin there is nothing to bond over, but without Scott and Fil there is no way to make the connections we have made or revisit them.
      I must admit I haven't listened to Vin regularly in several years (since I dropped Sirius over a hissy fit over 2.99/month charge for internet service).  My priorities have shifted to graduate school and other things.  But reading this pre-IDD has brought back a lot of great memories: of the Tape Loop Groop, and getting music from super generous IDDers  (looking at you Art Carey and Fred LaParo) and just sharing good ideas with people on this list (too numerous to mention).

      You are the best, IDD, and thanks, Scott and Fil.

      /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

      Hey, Aimee Mann fans!!  You should note that Aimee did Marc Maron's podcast and it was released this week.  My impression of her after listening is that she is much more relaxed and open than I suspected from seeing her perform.  And she did two live acoustic songs at the end of show that sounded really good to me.  Check it out.  http://www.wtfpod.com  Not trying to overdo the Marc Maron plugs--sorry if he is not your thing.

      Rock on IDD!

      SuZe from CT

      --- In iddiots@yahoogroups.com, "ronny" <ironfield_2000@...> wrote:

      > thanks for all the hard work. this show changed my life.
      > --- In iddiots@yahoogroups.com, "ruthsings11" ruth.singleton@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Tomorrow is the 18th anniversary of the day Scott announced the formation of the Idiot's Delight Digest on Vin's show. It's been a wild and wonderful ride so far. Thanks, Scott, and congratulations.
      > >
      > > http://wayback.archive.org/web/20010219235030/http://www.cherk.com/idd/vol-01/v01n000.html
      > >
      > > Ruth

    • Randy Marcus
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 24 6:21 AM
        I haven't had many posts or interaction…but any connection brings a smile and a realization that during my times jn Montana, Florida and other outposts, that I was not alone. Funny, I was i n Tampa Airport, heading to Phila when I spotted someone reading Pete Townsend;s book. We started to talkie of the Electric Factory; me of the Fillmore WHile talking he mentioned an obscure opening act,, but recalled nothing about them. When he told me it was,, "GLITTERHOUSE" - WITHOUT A THOUGHT "TINKERBELL'S MIND" hit my brain )and a silver album cover with blue letters. . The melody was a s real as if I had a cerebral spottily. Even my friends in those days never heard of it. But that stayed in the recesses (like Bob Lind's Elusive Butterfly) only to return. Music does that. This list does that. The rare times I look at Facebook is when i see my, never met, friends from this list

        You,ve given me a lot. Thanks from the sidelines

        Randy Marcs - now in Mt Laurel, NJ AND working in St PEte , FL (long story.)