Kennedy Center Honors

  • scone07023
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 28, 2012
      We watch it every year but I was particularly looking forward to the David Letterman tribute, which was great. I'm a huge Dave fan.

      But I was surprised and impressed with the Led Leppelin segment, especially the cover of Stairway to You-know-where, probably THE most overplayed Classic Rock track of all time.

      You can check out the LZ trib here if they haven't taken it down by now. Stairway is about 15 minutes in.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOy5TCB9JMw

      Happy New Year,
      Steve
    • Art Carey
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 28, 2012
        Thanks, Steve.

        Am on the train from Richmond, currently stopped at the Alexandria (VA) station. I'll try to watch this tonight.

        Coincidentally, Raquel (from Dave's show) called me back yesterday and I got the. Trivia question right and Ree and I are going to a taping on Thursday.

        I'd requested tickets for the week we thought we'd be in NYC and didn't hear back. I guess I submitted 1/3 as a backup day...

        Just used my IPad to read the year-end issue of EW while I listened to a long mix of Who songs I'd DLed from the Burning Wood blog. Now (obviously) I'm doing email.

        Yay, IPad.

        Art

      • CousinSteve@aol.com

          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 30, 2012
            Ann and Nancy Wilson performed their cover of Stairway on Idiot's Delight some time in the '90s. I remember thinking that their version made that warhorse sound fresh again.

            --- In iddiots@yahoogroups.com, CousinSteve@... wrote:

            > Robert Plant had tears in his eyes watching the performance.
            > Cousin Steve

          • ruthsings11
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 30, 2012
              I stand corrected: It was just Nancy Wilson, but she did perform Stairway. The show aired on March 14, 1999. Here are the details, thanks to FiL and the wayback machine.

              http://web.archive.org/web/20010822034943/http://www.cherk.com/vin/1999/990314.html