Christmas Mix Audacity question

  • guavaman2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2012
      I've been using Audacity to trim dead space from tracks going on to my 2012 Christmas Mix. The default export format was aiff, and that's what I used for the first 11 tracks. I really wanted to export in mp3 (assuming that format would provide better quality), but it took me 11 tracks to get around to finding out how I could do that.

      So I now have 11 trimmed tracks in aiff format with the rest in mp3. Now I need to decide if I should leave everything as is, convert the aiff to mp3 or start over on the first 11 tracks.

      Thought?

      Guava George
    • Scott Perschke
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 6, 2012
        AIFF is Apple's native audio file format - it is essentially uncompressed audio. If you intend to put your mix on an audio CD, you're better off leaving them that way. If you're distributing over the net, encode to mp3.