Google Earth Community "Environment and Conservation" layer

  • Gary O. Grimm
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2006
      The Google Earth browser has updated the Layers section and has added new submissions
      to the Google Earth Forums Community. In all of the Interactive Watersheds web sites and
      other web site projects we are involved in we have collected GPS points for the panoramas
      we have taken since 2001. Potentially all of these points can be located in the Google
      Earth Browser with links made to the panoramas and video sequences. A few months ago I
      produced an example of how this can work with the Jamaica Protected Areas project under
      construction now. I will provide information about this below.

      I have also created several Google Earth fly in movies which do not require the Google
      Earth Browser. Below are links to pages where you can find these.

      http://gogrimm-vlog.blogspot.com/
      http://mountainvisions.com/Video/terrainanims/terrainvid.html

      You can now find the Jamaica placemarks where Mountain Visions has taken panoramas
      and video during 2006 in the "Environment and Conservation" Layer of the Google Earth
      Community Forums. Each placemark also contains links to more information about the
      JPAT web site. Eighteeen of these also include direct links to view 360 degree panoramas,
      which can also be seen in a "Full Screen" High Definition view.

      You can also add placemark locations to Google Earth and send them to your associates
      via e-mail. These can also be added to the Google Earth Community Forums, if you
      choose. I will try to answer questions if you have them.

      Gary Grimm
      A group moderator