314The highway that will not die

  • ivalleyid
    Apr 2, 2008
      We weren't fast enough, folks. Governor Otter signed HB657 on April
      1st, so the South Emmett to Mesa Highway officially becomes part of
      the transportation planning picture effective 7/1/2008. At least one
      GARVEE opponent in the state legislature has assured me that he
      intends to work hard again next session to delete the Indian Valley
      Highway from Idaho Transportation Department GARVEE funding and get it
      off the table for good. Between now and then, we have work to do to
      persuade enough legislators, other elected officials and Idaho
      citizens that this road does not deserve serious consideration.
      Wendy Green
      Indian Valley Alliance
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic