ANN: Ruby for Symbian PR2 Rilis!
Ruby for Symbian is exactly that, the Ruby interpreter built for
Symbian OS. Though the Series 60 devices are the main focus, but more
Symbian platforms could also be supported. The eventual goal is
integration into mainline Ruby distribution.
Only a preview release is available for download. Preview releases are
only demonstrating milestones in development and not meant for serious use.
The latest version is ruby-symbian-pr2. Check out "Hello World" in all
its glory! This release is intended to show off the core interpreter and
basic classes. Read the README.txt for more details.
* Source zip: ruby-symbian-pr2.zip
* Installable for S60 2nd Edition: ruby-symbian-pr2-exe.zip
The best place to look for active development is the SVN repository.
Both symbian/README.txt and symbian/TODO.txt are good resources for
It took a community to get this far:
* Evan Phoenix - fellow Ruby internals hacker
* Dibya Prakash - mentor and contributing developer
* Google Summer of Code - funding the operation
* Join the ruby-symbian-devel mailing list.
* Send comments/questions/bugs to the list.
* Jeff Hughes is the author.
Arie Kusuma Atmaja A.K.A Arie A.K.A ariekeren / YM! = riyari3
http://ariekusumaatmaja.wordpress.com # Let's build Ruby Indonesia stronger
http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/id-ruby # Indonesia Ruby Society
WARNING: RUBY IS AN ADDICTIVE LANGUAGE! ;-)
# generated_at 01-11-2006 12:27:09 by Sayang (ArieKeren's Computer Soul)