3559Re: Balasan: [id-ruby] iAsk: showing UTC as PST with to_pst ?

  • Arie Kusuma Atmaja
    Apr 11, 2008
      On 11/04/2008, Yohanes Santoso <yahoo-id-ruby@...> wrote:

      > Kenapa tidak simpan UTC dan produksi PST seperlunya?

      (1) Cos I want to save the default time as UTC. I only need to show
      only reporting systems based by PST.
      By asking me such question you're reminding me of YAGNI, but (2) just
      in case if in the future team wants to change time again based by
      European Time. Then what shall we do if we don't have an original time
      backup. You got any suggestions, nome?

      Well, I actually haven't tried that new rake thing as tzinfo's been
      included in rails edge (inside code, course it's super easy only to do
      rake time bla bla on Terminal or outside the app but that's only
      impressing business guys and they'll say: whoaaa fancy looking, oooh
      it's cute, arie, such adorable bla bla bla ||= which usually turned to
      be unexpected I/O to me) -_-

      --
      blog: http://tinyurl.com/2bjgvn,
      ruby: http://www.ruby-lang.org/id/about

      "Developer Time is expensive...
      Servers are cheap...", Ezra Zygmuntowicz - Merb
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic