3545Re: Balasan: [id-ruby] iAsk: showing UTC as PST with to_pst ?

  • Arie Kusuma Atmaja
    Apr 10, 2008
      On 10/04/2008, Widi Harsojo <wharsojo@...> wrote:

      > rails dah support tuh pake lib tzinfo
      > C:\edge\rails\rails_trunk\activesupport\lib\active_support\vendor\tzinfo-0.3.8\tzinfo
      >
      > dan silahkan cek di sini..
      > http://mad.ly/2008/04/09/rails-21-time-zone-support-an-overview/

      Thanks for the link, however, I knew how to use this time zone using
      tzinfo (with or without the rubygem / or meaning with rails support or
      without its support).

      Look, this one line is scarry me -_-

      config.time_zone = 'Central Time (US & Canada)'

      I copy pasted the line above from that site, I actually implemented in
      one of my sites though, but not for the serious one. -_-

      Anyone knows how to save *BOTH* UTC *AND* PST, so just say we have
      created_at (as for the default one we use it just the same like the
      UNIX/Linux Server locale = UTC), then we also want to have
      created_at_pst (this one is by all mean in pst) just in case "the
      extremely agile team" want to change it again in the future. or just
      speak up of any other much better suggestions.

      ps. so to emphasize, we MUST NOT use config.time_zone, we MUST NOT use
      Time.zone = "blah". What'll we do?

      --
      blog: http://tinyurl.com/2bjgvn,
      ruby: http://www.ruby-lang.org/id/about

      "Developer Time is expensive...
      Servers are cheap...", Ezra Zygmuntowicz - Merb
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic