3513Balasan: Re: [id-ruby] iAsk: showing UTC as PST with to_pst ?

  • Edwin Pratomo
    Apr 1, 2008
      --- Yohanes Santoso <yahoo-id-ruby@...> wrote:

      > > just found this: http://tzinfo.rubyforge.org/
      > Unfortunately, timezone definition is influenced more by political
      > than natural reasons. So, using tzinfo, which has its own timezone
      > database, separate from the system's database, will introduce yet
      > another thing to maintain.

      good to know someone has done this the right way.

      > When the US timezone definitions were changed two years ago, we had to
      > patch hundreds of Windows machine and also JRE instances because Sun's
      > JRE used a separate timezone database. This unnecessarily doubled up
      > the maintenance effort.

      the "javanese" people? yeah sometimes they made mistakes.
      this reminds me of the famous DOS hash attack back in 2003. java users were the
      most unlucky at that time, because java hash value generator is part of the
      specification :-)

      Bergabunglah dengan orang-orang yang berwawasan, di di bidang Anda! Kunjungi Yahoo! Answers saat ini juga di http://id.answers.yahoo.com/
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic