Re: [icons-rpg] Field Guide to Superheroes

  • Charles Rice
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 14, 2010
      I think that might kill several of us :)

      No, next week we're back on Mike Lafferty's awesome WWII stuff.

      We'll also be detouring for the USHER Dossiers in a month or so (hopefully!)

      So we have a lot of variety on the way.

      On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 10:58 PM, Curt "Cripplepotomus" Meyer <curtmeyer@...> wrote:

      This looks like the best release since the core book. Are you guys going to release this series weekly?

    • Curt "Cripplepotomus" Meyer
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 14, 2010
        Cool. That might just kill my bank account as well. $2 a week, with an occasional $8 is more doable. Of course, if I would just buy ICONS pdfs and swear off other games, I'd save a lot more money.
      • Charles Rice
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 14, 2010
          I recommend you swear off all games but ICONS, OSRIC and M&M.

          I am completely unbiased in this choice of games you should buy PDFs for too.

          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 15, 2010
            Just to be clear: there will be 3 more installations of the Field Guide.
            Jason is polishing the manuscript and Dan is already working on the art for Part 2.

            --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Charles Rice <rpgchuck@...> wrote:

            > I think that might kill several of us :)
            >
            > No, next week we're back on Mike Lafferty's awesome WWII stuff.
            >
            > We'll also be detouring for the USHER Dossiers in a month or so (hopefully!)
            >
            > So we have a lot of variety on the way.
            >
            > On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 10:58 PM, Curt "Cripplepotomus" Meyer <
            > curtmeyer@...> wrote:
            >

            > > This looks like the best release since the core book. Are you guys going to
            > > release this series weekly?

          • Hollis McCray
            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 15, 2010
              On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 10:24 AM, dirkgentry2000
              <dirkgentry2000@...> wrote:

              I downloaded the preview and the content looks pretty good. Not crazy
              about the font though. Comic Sans? Really?
              --
              Hollis McCray
              aka The Fifth Wanderer

              ascensionschild@...

              "GMing is like herding cats. Wet, angry cats who are pumped full of
              LSD and methamphetamines." - Stolen from some forum sig somewhere
            • Mike Olson
              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 15, 2010
                Yeah -- should've gone with Papyrus.

                (Typeface humor!)

                --Mike

                <dirkgentry2000@...> wrote:

                I downloaded the preview and the content looks pretty good. Not crazy
                about the font though. Comic Sans? Really?
                --
                Hollis McCray
                aka The Fifth Wanderer

                ascensionschild@...

                "GMing is like herding cats. Wet, angry cats who are pumped full of
                LSD and methamphetamines." - Stolen from some forum sig somewhere

                <*> Your email settings:
                   Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                   (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                   icons-rpg-digest@yahoogroups.com
                   icons-rpg-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                   http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • dan caithamer
                Message 7 of 21 , Nov 15, 2010
                  This is fracking cool. Ya know I gotta get over my fear of pdfs unless I can persuade you guys to produce a print version of this:)

                  Hey guys, we've just released our latest book, the Field Guide to Superheroes, and it's out biggest, best-looking release yet!

                  http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=85839&src=icons yahoo group

                  Message 8 of 21 , Nov 15, 2010
                    well, a print version _is_ possible.

                    Of course, one of the contributing factors to that decision will be how well the pdf sells..

                  • emu2020@comcast.net
                    Message 9 of 21 , Nov 15, 2010

                      What about going the print on demand option?

                      Message 10 of 21 , Nov 15, 2010
                        Have to say, from a ill-informed layman point of view, print feels right for this book. It's almost a coffee table book, the sort of thing made to idly flip through.

                        To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                        From: dirkgentry2000@...
                        Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 19:25:28 +0000
                        Subject: [icons-rpg] Re: Field Guide to Superheroes

                        Message 11 of 21 , Nov 15, 2010
                          Hey guys, I agree this book looks good enough to print and we are exploring some options on that front.

                          When I have some news, I will certainly share it :)

                          From: dirkgentry2000@...
                          Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 19:25:28 +0000

                          well, a print version _is_ possible.

                          Of course, one of the contributing factors to that decision will be how well the pdf sells..

                          --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, dan caithamer <kryptonian700@...> wrote:

                          > This is fracking cool. Ya know I gotta get over my fear of pdfs unless I can
                          > persuade you guys to produce a print version of this:)
                          >

                          > ________________________________

                        • Steve Zieser

                            From: dirkgentry2000@...
                            Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 19:25:28 +0000

                            well, a print version _is_ possible.

                            Of course, one of the contributing factors to that decision will be how well the pdf sells..

                            --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, dan caithamer <kryptonian700@...> wrote:

                            > This is fracking cool. Ya know I gotta get over my fear of pdfs unless I can
                            > persuade you guys to produce a print version of this:)
                            >

                            > ________________________________

                            -----
                            Old-School Gaming Art
                            http://curmudgeonsdragons.blogspot.com

                            Iron Rationales
                            Old & New School Blogging
                            http://ironrationales.blogspot.com

                            Funny Tees for Geeks
                            http://LabelMeHappy.com
                            http://Label-Me-Happy.com

                            Steve Zieser Has Nothing to Say
                            http://szieser.blogspot.com
                          • dan caithamer
                            Message 13 of 21 , Nov 15, 2010
                              sweet as of know I personally vow to buy any and all icons print prouduct.

                                From: dirkgentry2000@...
                                Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 19:25:28 +0000

                                Message 15 of 21 , Nov 15, 2010
                                  urgh know -equal now . I hate typo demons. *Zaps typo demons with heat vision*

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Nov 20, 2010
                                    You guys really hit one out of the park with this one, Chuck!

                                    Here's my review/comments at RPGNow, if anyone's interested:

                                    http://www.rpgnow.com/product_reviews_info.php?&reviews_id=38056&products_id=85839

                                    Best,
                                    Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

                                    --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Charles Rice <rpgchuck@...> wrote:

                                    > Hey guys, we've just released our latest book, the Field Guide to
                                    > Superheroes, and it's out biggest, best-looking release yet!
                                    >
                                    > *http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=85839&src=icons yahoo
                                    > group*

                                  • Charles Rice
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Nov 20, 2010