Re: [icons-rpg] Field Guide to Superheroes

  • Curt "Cripplepotomus" Meyer
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 14, 2010
      This looks like the best release since the core book. Are you guys going to release this series weekly?
    • Charles Rice
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 14, 2010
        I think that might kill several of us :)

        No, next week we're back on Mike Lafferty's awesome WWII stuff.

        We'll also be detouring for the USHER Dossiers in a month or so (hopefully!)

        So we have a lot of variety on the way.

        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 14, 2010
          Cool. That might just kill my bank account as well. $2 a week, with an occasional $8 is more doable. Of course, if I would just buy ICONS pdfs and swear off other games, I'd save a lot more money.
        • Charles Rice
          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 14, 2010
            I recommend you swear off all games but ICONS, OSRIC and M&M.

            I am completely unbiased in this choice of games you should buy PDFs for too.

            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 15, 2010
              Just to be clear: there will be 3 more installations of the Field Guide.
              Jason is polishing the manuscript and Dan is already working on the art for Part 2.

              --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Charles Rice <rpgchuck@...> wrote:

              > I think that might kill several of us :)
              >
              > No, next week we're back on Mike Lafferty's awesome WWII stuff.
              >
              > We'll also be detouring for the USHER Dossiers in a month or so (hopefully!)
              >
              > So we have a lot of variety on the way.
              >
              > On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 10:58 PM, Curt "Cripplepotomus" Meyer <
              > curtmeyer@...> wrote:
              >

              > > This looks like the best release since the core book. Are you guys going to
              > > release this series weekly?

            • Hollis McCray
              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 15, 2010
                On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 10:24 AM, dirkgentry2000
                <dirkgentry2000@...> wrote:

                I downloaded the preview and the content looks pretty good. Not crazy
                about the font though. Comic Sans? Really?
                --
                Hollis McCray
                aka The Fifth Wanderer

                ascensionschild@...

                "GMing is like herding cats. Wet, angry cats who are pumped full of
                LSD and methamphetamines." - Stolen from some forum sig somewhere
              • Mike Olson
                Message 7 of 21 , Nov 15, 2010
                  Yeah -- should've gone with Papyrus.

                  (Typeface humor!)

                  --Mike

                  <dirkgentry2000@...> wrote:

                  I downloaded the preview and the content looks pretty good. Not crazy
                  about the font though. Comic Sans? Really?
                  --
                  Hollis McCray
                  aka The Fifth Wanderer

                  ascensionschild@...

                  "GMing is like herding cats. Wet, angry cats who are pumped full of
                  LSD and methamphetamines." - Stolen from some forum sig somewhere

                  <*> Your email settings:
                     Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                     (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                     icons-rpg-digest@yahoogroups.com
                     icons-rpg-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • dan caithamer
                  Message 8 of 21 , Nov 15, 2010
                    This is fracking cool. Ya know I gotta get over my fear of pdfs unless I can persuade you guys to produce a print version of this:)

                    Hey guys, we've just released our latest book, the Field Guide to Superheroes, and it's out biggest, best-looking release yet!

                    http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=85839&src=icons yahoo group

                    Message 9 of 21 , Nov 15, 2010
                      well, a print version _is_ possible.

                      Of course, one of the contributing factors to that decision will be how well the pdf sells..

                    • emu2020@comcast.net
                      Message 10 of 21 , Nov 15, 2010

                        What about going the print on demand option?

                        Message 11 of 21 , Nov 15, 2010
                          Have to say, from a ill-informed layman point of view, print feels right for this book. It's almost a coffee table book, the sort of thing made to idly flip through.

                          To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                          From: dirkgentry2000@...
                          Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 19:25:28 +0000
                          Subject: [icons-rpg] Re: Field Guide to Superheroes

                          Message 12 of 21 , Nov 15, 2010
                            Hey guys, I agree this book looks good enough to print and we are exploring some options on that front.

                            When I have some news, I will certainly share it :)

                            From: dirkgentry2000@...
                            Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 19:25:28 +0000

                            well, a print version _is_ possible.

                            Of course, one of the contributing factors to that decision will be how well the pdf sells..

                            --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, dan caithamer <kryptonian700@...> wrote:

                            > This is fracking cool. Ya know I gotta get over my fear of pdfs unless I can
                            > persuade you guys to produce a print version of this:)
                            >

                            > ________________________________

                          • Steve Zieser

                              From: dirkgentry2000@...
                              Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 19:25:28 +0000

                              well, a print version _is_ possible.

                              Of course, one of the contributing factors to that decision will be how well the pdf sells..

                              --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, dan caithamer <kryptonian700@...> wrote:

                              > This is fracking cool. Ya know I gotta get over my fear of pdfs unless I can
                              > persuade you guys to produce a print version of this:)
                              >

                              > ________________________________

                              -----
                              Old-School Gaming Art
                              http://curmudgeonsdragons.blogspot.com

                              Iron Rationales
                              Old & New School Blogging
                              http://ironrationales.blogspot.com

                              Funny Tees for Geeks
                              http://LabelMeHappy.com
                              http://Label-Me-Happy.com

                              Steve Zieser Has Nothing to Say
                              http://szieser.blogspot.com
                            • dan caithamer
                              Message 14 of 21 , Nov 15, 2010
                                sweet as of know I personally vow to buy any and all icons print prouduct.

                                  From: dirkgentry2000@...
                                  Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 19:25:28 +0000

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Nov 15, 2010
                                    urgh know -equal now . I hate typo demons. *Zaps typo demons with heat vision*

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Nov 20, 2010
                                      You guys really hit one out of the park with this one, Chuck!

                                      Here's my review/comments at RPGNow, if anyone's interested:

                                      http://www.rpgnow.com/product_reviews_info.php?&reviews_id=38056&products_id=85839

                                      Best,
                                      Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

                                      --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Charles Rice <rpgchuck@...> wrote:

                                      > Hey guys, we've just released our latest book, the Field Guide to
                                      > Superheroes, and it's out biggest, best-looking release yet!
                                      >
                                      > *http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=85839&src=icons yahoo
                                      > group*

                                    • Charles Rice
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Nov 20, 2010