Re: [icons-rpg] The Name Game - The super hero eddition

  • Charles Rice
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 5, 2010
      Dan, I often find a thesaurus to be my best friend here.

      Often I happen upon a name that gives me a general power set, or a character personality, so I want to use that name, but it's a little too "on the nose" or stereotypical.

      So I'll go find an interesting synonym for it.

      On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 7:56 AM, Soylent Green <gsoylent@...> wrote:

      It is also worth mentioning that the Character Folio (Icons commercial character generation program) optionally generates random hero names which aren't all bad. I wouldn't get it just for the name feature of course.

      From: kryptonian700@...
      Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 16:31:16 +0000
      Subject: [icons-rpg] The Name Game - The super hero eddition

      Hey everyone I have a really stupid question but my imagination is shot. Lately my choice for super hero names have been well .... horrid. I was wondering if someone has any advice for coming up with good names. (Theres just so many Electrons, Pulsars and Neons a campaign can have . Thanks everyone.

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 5, 2010
        I have to admit to using Seventh Sanctum for a lot of name inspiration

        --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Charles Rice <rpgchuck@...> wrote:

        > Dan, I often find a thesaurus to be my best friend here.
        >
        > Often I happen upon a name that gives me a general power set, or a character
        > personality, so I want to use that name, but it's a little too "on the nose"
        > or stereotypical.
        >
        > So I'll go find an interesting synonym for it.
        >
        > On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 7:56 AM, Soylent Green <gsoylent@...> wrote:
        >

        > > It is also worth mentioning that the Character Folio (Icons commercial
        > > character generation program) optionally generates random hero names which
        > > aren't all bad. I wouldn't get it just for the name feature of course.
        > >
        > > ------------------------------
        > > To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
        > > From: kryptonian700@...
        > > Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 16:31:16 +0000
        > > Subject: [icons-rpg] The Name Game - The super hero eddition
        > >

        > > Hey everyone I have a really stupid question but my imagination is shot.
        > > Lately my choice for super hero names have been well .... horrid. I was
        > > wondering if someone has any advice for coming up with good names. (Theres
        > > just so many Electrons, Pulsars and Neons a campaign can have . Thanks
        > > everyone.

      • dan caithamer

          From: kryptonian700@...
          Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 16:31:16 +0000