Re: come on third party publishers...

    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 18, 2010
      Well, I think it's worth pointing out that around half of the top ten lately are papercraft products - which are very popular if not _really_ rpg products. At least that's what I tell myself when I'm bummed about not being in the top ten anymore. :)

      I talk to a fair number of third party publishers. Not all by any means - but a fair, if completely unscientific and self-selecting, sample. Your friend's opinion is one that I've heard quite a bit. I'd describe it as fairly common (possibly even the majority opinion) among the publishers I talk to.

      I happen to disagree with their opinion. But, yes, many are taking a wait-and-see attitude regarding ICONS.

      A few are busy preparing their M&M3E releases and thinking they'll convert those over to ICONS if it looks to still be viable for third party publishers in Spring of 2011.

      On the other hand, over here at Vigilance Press, we've currently got 6 to 7 weeks of weekly releases plotted out. And more in the pipeline :)

      > I sure hope Icons is a success. It's a fun, charming game and it totally deserves public recongition. But at the same time, it actually does really matter to me. The thing about roleplaying games is that one slim booklet, even without any support , can keep you going for decades. In my case most of the games I run are long out of print. Doesn't bother me one bit.
      >
      > To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
      > From: curtmeyer@...
      > Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 14:00:27 -0500
      > Subject: [icons-rpg] come on third party publishers...

      > So, I'm a bit bummed that there are no ICONS products in the RPGNow top ten right now. Other than Vigilance, with whom I am very pleased, who else is going to put out products so that we can keep ICONS in the top ten?
      >

      > I'm in the midst of an ongoing friendly disagreement with a friend of mine who has his own indie gaming company. He doesn't want to support ICONS because he's convinced that once third party for M&M3 opens up, it will wipe ICONS off the map. Let's prove him misspoken.

    • Charles
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 19, 2010
        Well, there's an ICONS book in the top ten again- Public Enemies is current at #8.

        You're welcome.

        (tongue planted firmly in cheek in case that isn't blindingly obvious)

        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 19, 2010
          Hooray!

          To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
          From: rpgchuck@...