RE: [icons-rpg] Re: Getting Things Started

  • Eric Edwards
    Message 1 of 6 , May 26 6:56 PM

      Hey folks,

      I’m Eric, been a long time Villains & Vigilantes fan, love the game for face to face supers.  But when running it online, V&V really bogs down, so I’ve been looking for an online-friendly supers game.  I ‘m pretty sure Icons is it.

      Looking forward to seeing where this list goes.

      Eric

      Message 2 of 6 , May 26 7:10 PM
        On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 6:56 PM, Eric Edwards <ericedwards71@...> wrote:

        > Hey folks,
        >

        > I’m Eric, been a long time Villains & Vigilantes fan, love the game for face to face supers.  But when running it online, V&V really bogs down, so I’ve been looking for an online-friendly supers game.  I ‘m pretty sure Icons is it.

        Obviously, I am Hollis, Evil Overlord(tm) of the mailing list. I've
        been a fan of supers RPGs for a long time. But my friends and I don't
        have as much time to get together as we used to. Icons looks like it
        will work better for our schedules. I look forward to bending,
        folding, mutilating, using and abusing the Icons rules with you all.
        Now where did I put my Mad Scientist's Toolkit...?
        --
        Hollis McCray
        Mutant Registration Number #US2002023904

        Warning: Proximity to this individual may expose you to the following RPGs:
        Fate: http://www.faterpg.com
        Mutants & Masterminds: http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com
        Swashbucklers of the Seven Skies: http://www.7skies.net/
        Please visit these websites in order to protect yourself.
      • Mike Olson
        Message 3 of 6 , May 27 10:51 AM
          I'm some guy named Mike Olson. I'm running Icons this weekend at Gamex in Los Angeles, along with some other stuff.

          Also, I uploaded my S&S hack of Icons to the Files section, so take a look if you're so inclined. It does a few things differently than Icons, but it's still recognizably the same system (in particular, random tables are used for almost every aspect of chargen).

          --Mike

          On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 7:10 PM, Hollis McCray <ascensionschild@...> wrote:
          On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 6:56 PM, Eric Edwards <ericedwards71@...> wrote:

          > Hey folks,
          >

          > I’m Eric, been a long time Villains & Vigilantes fan, love the game for face to face supers.  But when running it online, V&V really bogs down, so I’ve been looking for an online-friendly supers game.  I ‘m pretty sure Icons is it.

          Obviously, I am Hollis, Evil Overlord(tm) of the mailing list. I've
          been a fan of supers RPGs for a long time.  But my friends and I don't
          have as much time to get together as we used to. Icons looks like it
          will work better for our schedules. I look forward to bending,
          folding, mutilating, using and abusing the Icons rules with you all.
          Now where did I put my Mad Scientist's Toolkit...?
          --
          Hollis McCray
          Mutant Registration Number #US2002023904

          Warning: Proximity to this individual may expose you to the following RPGs:
          Fate: http://www.faterpg.com
          Mutants & Masterminds: http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com
          Swashbucklers of the Seven Skies: http://www.7skies.net/
          Please visit these websites in order to protect yourself.

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)