Re: Amazing Stories of WW2 for ICONS

    Message 1 of 26 , Sep 20, 2010
      NEW Release - Eugenics Brigade: Villains of WW2

      Just went live here: http://tinyurl.com/27nh6lz
    • Gerry
      Message 2 of 26 , Sep 20, 2010
        I all ready got it. Interesting stuff!

        >NEW Release - Eugenics Brigade: Villains of WW2
        >
        >Just went live here: http://tinyurl.com/27nh6lz

      • Fred Furtado
        Message 3 of 26 , Sep 20, 2010
            Isn't Götterdämmerung Twilight of the Gods?  Google Translator translates Ring Bearer as Ring Inhaberaktien. I'm asking because all the other names seem like direct translations.
            Tchau|!

          --
          Fred Furtado
          fred.furtado@...

          "As long as you can laugh, you are not defeated"
                                       -- Jack Vance
          Message 4 of 26 , Sep 23, 2010
            You are correct. Götterdämmerung is "Twilight of the Gods". We picked it as the German codename for this character because of his apocalyptic outlook - if you see his quote, its clear he believes that the end time are upon us and that he must ally himself with Hitler to fight against them (yeah, he's crazy.) And Ringstütze (literal translation of Ring Bearer) doesn't have the same Sturm and Drang as Götterdämmerung.

            And - "Twilight of the Gods" is awkward as a name in English. So, Ringer Bearer is the one guy we made that compromise on

            --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Fred Furtado <fred.furtado@...> wrote:

            > Isn't Götterdämmerung Twilight of the Gods? Google Translator translates
            > Ring Bearer as Ring Inhaberaktien. I'm asking because all the other names
            > seem like direct translations.
            > Tchau|!
            >
            > On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 11:47, dirkgentry2000 <dirkgentry2000@...>wrote:
            >

            > > NEW Release - Eugenics Brigade: Villains of WW2
            > >
            > > Just went live here: http://tinyurl.com/27nh6lz
            > >

            > --
            > Fred Furtado
            > fred.furtado@...
            > http://patchlord.wordpress.com
            >
            > "As long as you can laugh, you are not defeated"
            > -- Jack Vance

          • Fred Furtado
            Message 5 of 26 , Sep 23, 2010
                And you can always us ethat in teh game.

              "We meet again, Ringbearer!"

              "That ist not my name, stupid Amerkaner!!!"

              :]

                Tchau!

              Message 6 of 26 , Sep 23, 2010
                oh hey - almost forgot

                We talked about Eugenics Brigade, Vigilance Force and other upcoming ICONS releases from Vigilance Press on out latest podcast

                http://tinyurl.com/37nltud

                --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Fred Furtado <fred.furtado@...> wrote:

                > And you can always us ethat in teh game.
                >
                > "We meet again, Ringbearer!"
                >
                > "That ist not my name, stupid Amerkaner!!!"
                >
                > :]
                >
                > Tchau!
                >
                > On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 14:19, dirkgentry2000 <dirkgentry2000@...>wrote:
                >

                > > You are correct. Götterdämmerung is "Twilight of the Gods". We picked it as
                > > the German codename for this character because of his apocalyptic outlook -
                > > if you see his quote, its clear he believes that the end time are upon us
                > > and that he must ally himself with Hitler to fight against them (yeah, he's
                > > crazy.) And Ringstütze (literal translation of Ring Bearer) doesn't have the
                > > same Sturm and Drang as Götterdämmerung.
                > >
                > > And - "Twilight of the Gods" is awkward as a name in English. So, Ringer
                > > Bearer is the one guy we made that compromise on
                > >
                > > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com <icons-rpg%40yahoogroups.com>, Fred
                > > Furtado <fred.furtado@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Isn't Götterdämmerung Twilight of the Gods? Google Translator translates
                > > > Ring Bearer as Ring Inhaberaktien. I'm asking because all the other names
                > > > seem like direct translations.
                > > > Tchau|!

                > > > --
                > > > Fred Furtado
                > > > fred.furtado@
                > > > http://patchlord.wordpress.com
                > > >
                > > > "As long as you can laugh, you are not defeated"
                > > > -- Jack Vance
                > > >

                > --
                > Fred Furtado
                > fred.furtado@...
                > http://patchlord.wordpress.com
                >
                > "As long as you can laugh, you are not defeated"
                > -- Jack Vance

              • daDiceGuy
                Message 7 of 26 , Sep 23, 2010
                  Then I hear that damn song in my head... "Frodo off the nine fingers....."

                  On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Fred Furtado <fred.furtado@...> wrote:

                    And you can always us ethat in teh game.

                  "We meet again, Ringbearer!"

                  "That ist not my name, stupid Amerkaner!!!"

                  :]

                    Tchau!

                  --
                  But I LIKE complex death traps!" "I KNOW you do, dear. And I'm SURE we'll find ourselves stuck in one before the day's OVER." - Mister Miracle and Big Barda, Booster Gold #34
                  Message 8 of 26 , Sep 27, 2010
                    And Crown Guard is out today

                    http://tinyurl.com/2f4yazf

                    --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, daDiceGuy <dicecipher@...> wrote:

                    > Then I hear that damn song in my head... "Frodo off the nine fingers....."
                    >
                    > On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Fred Furtado <fred.furtado@...>wrote:
                    >

                    > > And you can always us ethat in teh game.
                    > >
                    > > "We meet again, Ringbearer!"
                    > >
                    > > "That ist not my name, stupid Amerkaner!!!"
                    > >
                    > > :]
                    > >
                    > > Tchau!
                    > >

                    > --
                    > But I LIKE complex death traps!" "I KNOW you do, dear. And I'm SURE we'll
                    > find ourselves stuck in one before the day's OVER." - Mister Miracle and Big
                    > Barda, Booster Gold #34

                  • eric troup
                    Message 9 of 26 , Sep 27, 2010
                      I'm loving these character files!  I have no idea how I'll use them in my modern-day campaign, but they're just fun to read!

                      Message 10 of 26 , Sep 27, 2010
                        glad you like them
                        we've got a series of WW2 era One Sheet style very short adventures (3 to 5 pages) coming out after them. Also - a couple of longer adventures (10 to 15 pages) as well

                        Message 11 of 26 , Sep 27, 2010
                          you know, time travel one-shots are always fun :) and with the recent Invaders/Avengers cross-over, well, obviously it's been done recently in comics.

                          --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, eric troup <yakkoman@...> wrote:

                          > I'm loving these character files! I have no idea how I'll use them in my modern-day campaign, but they're just fun to read!
                          >

                          > On 27 Sep 2010, at 08:59, dirkgentry2000 wrote:
                          >
                          > > And Crown Guard is out today
                          > >
                          > > http://tinyurl.com/2f4yazf
                          > >
                          > > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, daDiceGuy <dicecipher@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Then I hear that damn song in my head... "Frodo off the nine fingers....."

                          > > > --
                          > > > But I LIKE complex death traps!" "I KNOW you do, dear. And I'm SURE we'll
                          > > > find ourselves stuck in one before the day's OVER." - Mister Miracle and Big
                          > > > Barda, Booster Gold #34

                        • Charles
                          Message 12 of 26 , Sep 27, 2010
                            Hey guys, Chuck here, creator of these WWII supplements which Mike did a great job converting to ICONS.

                            The thought behind Gotterdammerung is that it's the name of Wagner's cycle of operas about Ragnarok, which is a war of the gods.

                            Given that superheroes and villains are the modern version of gods and that Gotterdammerung wanted to set up a final battle between the most powerful in existence at that time, the name seemed very fitting.

                            Ringbearer isn't a direct translation, but it seemed fitting as well.

                            --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "dirkgentry2000" <dirkgentry2000@...> wrote:

                            > You are correct. G�tterd�mmerung is "Twilight of the Gods". We picked it as the German codename for this character because of his apocalyptic outlook - if you see his quote, its clear he believes that the end time are upon us and that he must ally himself with Hitler to fight against them (yeah, he's crazy.) And Ringst�tze (literal translation of Ring Bearer) doesn't have the same Sturm and Drang as G�tterd�mmerung.
                            >
                            > And - "Twilight of the Gods" is awkward as a name in English. So, Ringer Bearer is the one guy we made that compromise on
                            >

                            > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Fred Furtado <fred.furtado@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Isn't G�tterd�mmerung Twilight of the Gods? Google Translator translates
                            > > Ring Bearer as Ring Inhaberaktien. I'm asking because all the other names
                            > > seem like direct translations.
                            > > Tchau|!
                            > >
                            > > On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 11:47, dirkgentry2000 <dirkgentry2000@>wrote:
                            > >

                            > > > NEW Release - Eugenics Brigade: Villains of WW2
                            > > >
                            > > > Just went live here: http://tinyurl.com/27nh6lz
                            > > >

                            > > --
                            > > Fred Furtado
                            > > fred.furtado@
                            > > http://patchlord.wordpress.com
                            > >
                            > > "As long as you can laugh, you are not defeated"
                            > > -- Jack Vance

                          • eric troup
                            Message 13 of 26 , Sep 27, 2010
                              LOL Good lord, time travel!  In comic books?  Surey, you jest! ;-)  Thanks.  I'm rather chagrined that the idea didn't occur to me.  It's comic books.  Anything can happen ... and usually does!

                              Message 14 of 26 , Oct 4, 2010
                                NEW WW2 RELEASE
                                Pearl Harbor December: Villains of WWII
                                http://tinyurl.com/26afw3d

                                Message 15 of 26 , Oct 8, 2010
                                  and another new release
                                  Undead Stormtroopers! A WW2 mini-adventure for ICONS
                                  LINK: http://tinyurl.com/278pddd
                                  Nazi Zombie bashing fun for only $1!

                                  As the Allies close in from the East and West, Nazi mad scientists and cultists at Castle Grunwald have unlocked dark secrets and are raising undead legions to save the Reich from its enemies.

                                  Can your heroes storm Castle Grunerwald, thwart the Nazis and bring their unholy experiments to an end?

                                  The Undead Stormtroopers of Grunwald! is a Battle Scene; a fleshed out adventure hook. It provides enemies, an expanded plot hook and advice on running the scenario. It's designed for short, frantic, fun play sessions.

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Oct 11, 2010
                                    New Release:
                                    The People's Revolution, the Soviet Superteam of WW2
                                    http://tinyurl.com/3767lm7

                                    Message 17 of 26 , Oct 12, 2010
                                      People's Revolution just broke the Top 10 on RPGNOW!
                                      Thanks to everyone who picked up a copy!

                                      Message 18 of 26 , Oct 15, 2010
                                        the Amazing Stories of WW2 line will be taking a one week hiatus.

                                        However, we will continue our pattern of weekly releases a collection of modern day villains for ICONS. (Chuck wanted to prove that we do more than just Golden Age material) :)

                                        More info will be forthcoming on Monday 10/18.
                                        Amazing Stories of WW2 will resume weekly releases on 10/25