Re: [icons-rpg] Spectrum Games to Release ICONS-Compatible Products

  • Cynthia Celeste Miller
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 16, 2010
      It definitely has a Silver Age feel, but it's more modern in a lot of ways. For example, the first book has Darkkshot (a parody on the Liefeld-ish "grim-dark" heroes of the 1990s) and Demonessa (which is my take on the bad girl characters).

      On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Dr. Thinker <docmailster@...> wrote:

      CCM:

      Sounds like regular Sliver Age stuff. Can't wait.

      Logging off,
      Dr. Thinker

      On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 2:33 PM, Cynthia Celeste Miller <cynthia.spectrumgames@...> wrote:

      I wasn't aware that we could post product news, so I'm posting it now. It's a week old now, but I hope you find it useful.

      Spectrum Games to Release ICONS-Compatible Products

      Spectrum Games is pleased to announce that they will release three inter-related products for use with Adamant Entertainment’s ICONS role-playing game. The series of books is collectively to be titled “The Gamer’s Guide to the Jolt Universe”.

      Each volume fleshes out a portion of the setting produced in the pages of Jolt Comics, a relatively small comicbook publisher that never was. Although designed as a series, each book acts as a stand-alone product.

      The first volume will explore Hick City and its most heroic and dastardly inhabitants. You’ll meet its primary protector, The Hoot Owl, along with Marshall Art, the Man-Feesh, and several other stalwart do-gooders. You’ll also be introduced to the denizens of the city’s underbelly, including such ne’er-do-wells as the Gnat, the Chimpire, Grossbeard the Pirate, Dirty Rat and many more. There will be 25 heroes and villains in all.

      But it’s not just a book of characters. The first volume will provide ICONS enthusiasts with a detailed look at Hick City itself, from its various districts to its key personalities.

      According to Spectrum president Cynthia Celeste Miller, “I’ve always been a fan of superheroics with satirical or humorous overtones, such as the Tick and Mystery Men. So it’s only natural that I developed a catalogue of characters and story ideas of that nature. Unfortunately, I never had an appropriate outlet for them in the gaming arena. When I read ICONS for the first time, I was blown away. It was the perfect game system for all these ideas that have been trapped in my head for all these years.”

      The Gamer’s Guide to the Jolt Universe: Volume One will be released as a full-color PDF and also as a black and white hardcopy book in October 2010.

      For a preview of the art go to http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g148/Cynthia_CM/Jolt%20Comics/SacreBleauBW.jpg and http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g148/Cynthia_CM/Jolt%20Comics/TheGnatBW.jpg

      --
      Cynthia Celeste Miller
      President, Spectrum Games