NPC Slams

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 16, 2010
      So heard a few people make the case for allowing the GM to make the NPC's resistance roll against Slams and Stun . As written if the PC is the target of a possible slam, the player roll his Strength vs the damage level but if an NPC suffers a possible slam, the the NPC's Strength is treated as the constant and the players has to roll d6-d6 to modify the damage level which is a bit counter-intuitive.

      Then it occurred to me, is it this way so that a player can spend DPs to make a Determined Effort to secure the Slam?
    • eric troup
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 17, 2010
        Interesting.  I'd not thought of that.  To my thinking, it was just that way because it's just like any other task resolution in the game, which means the players roll the dice.

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 17, 2010
          I suspect you are right. It is probably more a consequence of the decision to make player roll all the dice rather deliberate design choice to allow players to alter the resitance tests of NPC. Still it is interesting to note how swapping the rules around so that the GM rolls for NPC resist test actually isn't a 100% neutral change.

          To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com