RE: [icons-rpg] Help with plot

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 12, 2010
      Taking, sort of,  a page from Heroes, if the kid's superpowers are based on genetic experiments by some shadowy organisaiton/corporation/government, then maybe his family isn't his real family and looking after the kid, posing as his parents was just part of their cover in order to keep studing him.

      To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
      From: blaster219@...
      Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 23:10:09 +0100
      Subject: [icons-rpg] Help with plot

      Going to be running my first ICONS game on wednesday and I've been working on some plots to run. The characters are all kids (around 14 in age) and the first session's plot involves a classmate being forced to use his newly emerged powers to commit robberies. The original plan is that his family has being kidnapped and he is being forced by someone to steal equipment from high-tech labs or they'll be hurt. The equipment (a Quantum Defibrillator, MagFusion Core, Gravitic Wave Amplifier and BioEtheric Transducer) together makes for an extremely powerful weapon that can kill every living thing within 20 miles. The bad guy plans to plug the unsuspecting kid into the device and use his gravity control abilities to power the device (at the cost of the kid's life of course).

      At least, that was the original plan. I've been toying with the idea that the kid's family haven't been kidnapped. Instead, for some reason they have faked their kidnapping and tricked the kid into believing that they are in danger in order to force him to commit these super-powered crimes. The only problem is why they would do this. Any suggestions?

      ----
      Blog: http://blaster219.wordpress.com
      DeviantART: http://blaster219.deviantart.com

      "Heroes get shot, stabbed, burned, bludgeoned, poisoned, infected, disintegrated, irradiated, electrocuted, exposed to vacuum and fall from great heights. Being a hero is a tough job."
      - Alternity GMG, Chapter 6 (Damage and Injury)