Re: [icons-rpg] Re: Marvel Conversions

  • Mike Olson
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 3, 2010
      Mechanically, M&M3E and DC Adventures are identical.

      --Mike

      On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 6:25 AM, Michael Taylor <michaeltaylor1329@...> wrote:

      > I am not going to buy M&M3e, because i don't want to explain how every minor sub-rule works, because I don't want to create a character with a spreadsheet, and because I don't like systems where speedsters have to buy heat immunity to use their powers.
      > Almost every superhero RPG I've seen so far focused on designing powers - ICONS focuses on creating heroes. (another exception is Smallville RPG, but that isn't really a supers game)

      Actually, I would reserve judgement. I felt the same way about the last versions of M&M, but this new version (if it's based on DC Adventures) is an entirely new animal.

      It's much more like Marvel Superheroes than Champions.

    • Rancor
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 9, 2010
        Posted a few more, including some in the Villains section.

        Hope to find some more time to work on these and post them in bigger bunches!

        Rankore2000
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 9, 2010
          Thanks! These are always appreciated.

          Jsut so you know I've repurposed your template for player character sheets. Works great.

          To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
          From: rankore2000@...
          Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 22:00:41 +0000
          Subject: [icons-rpg] Marvel Conversions

          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 9, 2010
            On 9/9/2010 5:06 PM, Soylent Green wrote:
            > Thanks! These are always appreciated.
            >
            > Jsut so you know I've repurposed your template for player character sheets. Works great.

            Did you share that with us?
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 9, 2010
              Rancor uploaded his templated as a Word doc last week. As standard fits four characters for A4 page. I just cleared out the right hand side of the template to make room for notes and turned the 1 A4 portrait sheet into two A5 landscape character sheets. Nothing clever there