Re: [icons-rpg] Re: Marvel Conversions

  • Giles Kiser
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 2, 2010
      Wow.  That's dirt cheap!

      On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 9:01 PM, Curt "Cripplepotomus" Meyer <curtmeyer@...> wrote:

      I just cobbled together a pdf of your SC document plus all of Rancor's DC write ups, and the ICONS action chart, and had it all printed up and bound for $12.95, including shipping, at http://www.printme1.com

    • Michael Taylor
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 3, 2010
        > I am not going to buy M&M3e, because i don't want to explain how every minor sub-rule works, because I don't want to create a character with a spreadsheet, and because I don't like systems where speedsters have to buy heat immunity to use their powers.
        > Almost every superhero RPG I've seen so far focused on designing powers - ICONS focuses on creating heroes. (another exception is Smallville RPG, but that isn't really a supers game)

        Actually, I would reserve judgement. I felt the same way about the last versions of M&M, but this new version (if it's based on DC Adventures) is an entirely new animal.

        It's much more like Marvel Superheroes than Champions.

      • Mike Olson
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 3, 2010
          Mechanically, M&M3E and DC Adventures are identical.

          --Mike

          On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 6:25 AM, Michael Taylor <michaeltaylor1329@...> wrote:

          > I am not going to buy M&M3e, because i don't want to explain how every minor sub-rule works, because I don't want to create a character with a spreadsheet, and because I don't like systems where speedsters have to buy heat immunity to use their powers.
          > Almost every superhero RPG I've seen so far focused on designing powers - ICONS focuses on creating heroes. (another exception is Smallville RPG, but that isn't really a supers game)

          Actually, I would reserve judgement. I felt the same way about the last versions of M&M, but this new version (if it's based on DC Adventures) is an entirely new animal.

          It's much more like Marvel Superheroes than Champions.

        • Rancor
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 9, 2010
            Posted a few more, including some in the Villains section.

            Hope to find some more time to work on these and post them in bigger bunches!

            Rankore2000
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 9, 2010
              Thanks! These are always appreciated.

              Jsut so you know I've repurposed your template for player character sheets. Works great.

              To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
              From: rankore2000@...
              Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 22:00:41 +0000
              Subject: [icons-rpg] Marvel Conversions

              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 9, 2010
                On 9/9/2010 5:06 PM, Soylent Green wrote:
                > Thanks! These are always appreciated.
                >
                > Jsut so you know I've repurposed your template for player character sheets. Works great.

                Did you share that with us?
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 9, 2010
                  Rancor uploaded his templated as a Word doc last week. As standard fits four characters for A4 page. I just cleared out the right hand side of the template to make room for notes and turned the 1 A4 portrait sheet into two A5 landscape character sheets. Nothing clever there