Re: [icons-rpg] Re: Marvel Conversions

  • Curt "Cripplepotomus" Meyer
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 2, 2010
      I just cobbled together a pdf of your SC document plus all of Rancor's DC write ups, and the ICONS action chart, and had it all printed up and bound for $12.95, including shipping, at http://www.printme1.com

      On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 7:35 AM, Jakub <erpegis@...> wrote:

      --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Curt \"Cripplepotomus\" Meyer" <curtmeyer@...> wrote:

      > A much appreciated thanks. A friend of mine is certain that come October the
      > new M&M3 3rd party license will "bury" ICONS, but work like this I think
      > will keep that from happening.

      Lol wat? Seriously, ICONS and M&M have very different target groups and design philosophies. It's like saying that, say, new edition of D&D will kill Savage Worlds.
      I am not going to buy M&M3e, because i don't want to explain how every minor sub-rule works, because I don't want to create a character with a spreadsheet, and because I don't like systems where speedsters have to buy heat immunity to use their powers.
      Almost every superhero RPG I've seen so far focused on designing powers - ICONS focuses on creating heroes. (another exception is Smallville RPG, but that isn't really a supers game)

      Jakub

    • Giles Kiser
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 2, 2010
        Wow.  That's dirt cheap!

        On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 9:01 PM, Curt "Cripplepotomus" Meyer <curtmeyer@...> wrote:

        I just cobbled together a pdf of your SC document plus all of Rancor's DC write ups, and the ICONS action chart, and had it all printed up and bound for $12.95, including shipping, at http://www.printme1.com

      • Michael Taylor
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 3, 2010
          > I am not going to buy M&M3e, because i don't want to explain how every minor sub-rule works, because I don't want to create a character with a spreadsheet, and because I don't like systems where speedsters have to buy heat immunity to use their powers.
          > Almost every superhero RPG I've seen so far focused on designing powers - ICONS focuses on creating heroes. (another exception is Smallville RPG, but that isn't really a supers game)

          Actually, I would reserve judgement. I felt the same way about the last versions of M&M, but this new version (if it's based on DC Adventures) is an entirely new animal.

          It's much more like Marvel Superheroes than Champions.

        • Mike Olson
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 3, 2010
            Mechanically, M&M3E and DC Adventures are identical.

            --Mike

            On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 6:25 AM, Michael Taylor <michaeltaylor1329@...> wrote:

            > I am not going to buy M&M3e, because i don't want to explain how every minor sub-rule works, because I don't want to create a character with a spreadsheet, and because I don't like systems where speedsters have to buy heat immunity to use their powers.
            > Almost every superhero RPG I've seen so far focused on designing powers - ICONS focuses on creating heroes. (another exception is Smallville RPG, but that isn't really a supers game)

            Actually, I would reserve judgement. I felt the same way about the last versions of M&M, but this new version (if it's based on DC Adventures) is an entirely new animal.

            It's much more like Marvel Superheroes than Champions.

          • Rancor
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 9, 2010
              Posted a few more, including some in the Villains section.

              Hope to find some more time to work on these and post them in bigger bunches!

              Rankore2000
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 9, 2010
                Thanks! These are always appreciated.

                Jsut so you know I've repurposed your template for player character sheets. Works great.

                To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                From: rankore2000@...
                Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 22:00:41 +0000
                Subject: [icons-rpg] Marvel Conversions

                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 9, 2010
                  On 9/9/2010 5:06 PM, Soylent Green wrote:
                  > Thanks! These are always appreciated.
                  >
                  > Jsut so you know I've repurposed your template for player character sheets. Works great.

                  Did you share that with us?
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 9, 2010
                    Rancor uploaded his templated as a Word doc last week. As standard fits four characters for A4 page. I just cleared out the right hand side of the template to make room for notes and turned the 1 A4 portrait sheet into two A5 landscape character sheets. Nothing clever there