Marvel Conversions

  • Giles Kiser
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 31, 2010
      I've uploaded a new version of my Marvel Conversions.  This will likely be the last update on this file, as I'm going to move onto another ICONS/MSH related project.  While it's still rough in spots, I hope it will be of some use.

      Thanks!

      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1, 2010
        Thanks. Just so you know these work are getting used, I've taken a few of your conversions and reskinned them for my own rogue gallery. So Kraven become Alan Quatermain (turned evil by a African spirt that possesssed him), Sabertooth becomes Tiger Fist of the Qin Ri (the group inroduced in Wages of Sin). Blizzard becomes Artic Blast and so on. It's kind of underhanded but it makes it very easy for me :-)

        To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
        From: kanegrundar@...
        Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 20:16:07 -0500
        Subject: [icons-rpg] Marvel Conversions

        I've uploaded a new version of my Marvel Conversions.  This will likely be the last update on this file, as I'm going to move onto another ICONS/MSH related project.  While it's still rough in spots, I hope it will be of some use.

        Thanks!

      • Curt "Cripplepotomus" Meyer
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 1, 2010
          A much appreciated thanks. A friend of mine is certain that come October the new M&M3 3rd party license will "bury" ICONS, but work like this I think will keep that from happening.

        • Giles Kiser
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 1, 2010
            Thanks guys!  It's much appreciated.

            On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 6:19 PM, Curt "Cripplepotomus" Meyer <curtmeyer@...> wrote:

            A much appreciated thanks. A friend of mine is certain that come October the new M&M3 3rd party license will "bury" ICONS, but work like this I think will keep that from happening.

          • Jakub
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 2, 2010
              --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Curt \"Cripplepotomus\" Meyer" <curtmeyer@...> wrote:

              > A much appreciated thanks. A friend of mine is certain that come October the
              > new M&M3 3rd party license will "bury" ICONS, but work like this I think
              > will keep that from happening.

              Lol wat? Seriously, ICONS and M&M have very different target groups and design philosophies. It's like saying that, say, new edition of D&D will kill Savage Worlds.
              I am not going to buy M&M3e, because i don't want to explain how every minor sub-rule works, because I don't want to create a character with a spreadsheet, and because I don't like systems where speedsters have to buy heat immunity to use their powers.
              Almost every superhero RPG I've seen so far focused on designing powers - ICONS focuses on creating heroes. (another exception is Smallville RPG, but that isn't really a supers game)

              Jakub
            • Curt "Cripplepotomus" Meyer
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 2, 2010
                I just cobbled together a pdf of your SC document plus all of Rancor's DC write ups, and the ICONS action chart, and had it all printed up and bound for $12.95, including shipping, at http://www.printme1.com

                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 2, 2010
                  Wow.  That's dirt cheap!

                  On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 9:01 PM, Curt "Cripplepotomus" Meyer <curtmeyer@...> wrote:

                  I just cobbled together a pdf of your SC document plus all of Rancor's DC write ups, and the ICONS action chart, and had it all printed up and bound for $12.95, including shipping, at http://www.printme1.com

                • Michael Taylor
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 3, 2010
                    > I am not going to buy M&M3e, because i don't want to explain how every minor sub-rule works, because I don't want to create a character with a spreadsheet, and because I don't like systems where speedsters have to buy heat immunity to use their powers.
                    > Almost every superhero RPG I've seen so far focused on designing powers - ICONS focuses on creating heroes. (another exception is Smallville RPG, but that isn't really a supers game)

                    Actually, I would reserve judgement. I felt the same way about the last versions of M&M, but this new version (if it's based on DC Adventures) is an entirely new animal.

                    It's much more like Marvel Superheroes than Champions.

                  • Mike Olson
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 3, 2010
                      Mechanically, M&M3E and DC Adventures are identical.

                      --Mike

                      On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 6:25 AM, Michael Taylor <michaeltaylor1329@...> wrote:

                      > I am not going to buy M&M3e, because i don't want to explain how every minor sub-rule works, because I don't want to create a character with a spreadsheet, and because I don't like systems where speedsters have to buy heat immunity to use their powers.
                      > Almost every superhero RPG I've seen so far focused on designing powers - ICONS focuses on creating heroes. (another exception is Smallville RPG, but that isn't really a supers game)

                      Actually, I would reserve judgement. I felt the same way about the last versions of M&M, but this new version (if it's based on DC Adventures) is an entirely new animal.

                      It's much more like Marvel Superheroes than Champions.

                    • Rancor
                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 9, 2010
                        Posted a few more, including some in the Villains section.

                        Hope to find some more time to work on these and post them in bigger bunches!

                        Rankore2000
                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 9, 2010
                          Thanks! These are always appreciated.

                          Jsut so you know I've repurposed your template for player character sheets. Works great.

                          To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                          From: rankore2000@...
                          Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 22:00:41 +0000

                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 9, 2010
                            On 9/9/2010 5:06 PM, Soylent Green wrote:
                            > Thanks! These are always appreciated.
                            >
                            > Jsut so you know I've repurposed your template for player character sheets. Works great.

                            Did you share that with us?
                            Message 13 of 13 , Sep 9, 2010
                              Rancor uploaded his templated as a Word doc last week. As standard fits four characters for A4 page. I just cleared out the right hand side of the template to make room for notes and turned the 1 A4 portrait sheet into two A5 landscape character sheets. Nothing clever there