RE: [icons-rpg] UnVerse Character Creation Rules

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31 10:43 AM
      Thanks for sharing these. Even if I don't use them in my current camapign, you never know what the next campaign will require!

      To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
      From: seanpatfan@...
      Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 17:27:18 +0000
      Subject: [icons-rpg] UnVerse Character Creation Rules

      The two PDFs I just uploaded are my latest creations for this game that has eaten my brain.

      The uploaded documents probably go too far as many of you are concerned; you'll probably think I might as well play a different game.

      -However-, I still really enjoy the game as it is played, and the way the characters are actually structured and how the powers work. So all I am really messing with is how you build characters from scratch (if you care to; I still consider the standard random option to be in play) and how you add new things to them.

      One of the things the Character Points (replaces the term Experience Points) does is allow for more granularity; Specialties, for example, shouldn't count as much as other things, and this also helps address the cost of Bonus Powers (which gives a chance for some clarity there) and the role of Devices.

      And on top of all that, the Resource Rules (gear, HQs, and vehicles) integrate perfectly into the system.

      So... enjoy as you will.

      Sean Patrick Fannon
      Creator, Shaintar, Epic High Fantasy for Savage Worlds
      Author, The Fantasy Roleplaying Gamer's Bible
      Marketing & Communications Manager, DriveThruRPG/RPGNow