Marvel Character Conversions

  • Rancor
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 26, 2010
      Well the first wave of Marvel Character Conversions have been uploaded to the "Files" directory on this group, under Marvel Comics. Not nearly as many as Kanegrundar has done, but I hope you like them.

      Hope to upload more soon, but looking for the right kind of pictures is a daunting task. Too bad Marvel hasn't had as many animated characters as DC.

      Rankore2000
    • curtmeyer@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 26, 2010
        great work Rankore. Thanks.

        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 26, 2010
          What, no villians?

          Just kidding. Outstanding work, thye lok great.

          What the thinking behind the new powers like Black Cat's "Bad Luck" or Medusa's "Prehensile Hair"?.

          To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
          From: rankore2000@...
          Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 02:52:39 +0000
          Subject: [icons-rpg] Marvel Character Conversions

          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 27, 2010
            Rancor on your conversions of Marvel are you using a house rule?
            Icon's as written doesn't have Determination Zero. A value of one is the
            lowest possible no matter
            how many powers or high stats one has...
          • Michael Taylor
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 27, 2010
              >  Too bad Marvel hasn't had as many animated characters as DC.

              I'm not so sure about that....
              http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/m/marvtv.htm

              Spider-Man (1981)
              Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends (1981)
              The Incredible Hulk (1982)
              X-Men  (1992–1997)
              Iron Man  (1994–1996)
              Fantastic Four  (1994–1996)
              Spider-Man: The Animated Series (1994–1998)
              The Incredible Hulk  (1996–1997)
              Silver Surfer (1998)
              Spider-Man Unlimited (1999–2001)
              The Avengers: United They Stand  (1999–2000)

            • Gareth-Michael Skarka
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 27, 2010
                And that doesn't even count all of them--

                Spider-Man (mid-1960s -- the one with the famous theme)
                Captain America, Thor, Doctor Strange, Hulk, Sub-Mariner, Iron Man (mid-60s -- animated from comic stills, and again with famous theme songs).
                Fantastic Four (late 70s -- the one with "Herbie the Robot" instead of Human Torch)
                The Thing (1982 -- featuring a transforming-at-will Ben Grimm  - "Thing Ring, do your thing!")

                -Gareth

                On Aug 27, 2010, at 8:24 AM, Michael Taylor wrote:

                >  Too bad Marvel hasn't had as many animated characters as DC.

                I'm not so sure about that....
                http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/m/marvtv.htm

                Spider-Man (1981)
                Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends (1981)
                The Incredible Hulk (1982)
                X-Men  (1992–1997)
                Iron Man  (1994–1996)
                Fantastic Four  (1994–1996)
                Spider-Man: The Animated Series (1994–1998)
                The Incredible Hulk  (1996–1997)
                Silver Surfer (1998)
                Spider-Man Unlimited (1999–2001)
                The Avengers: United They Stand  (1999–2000)

              • Gerry
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 27, 2010
                  Or for that matter, the following:

                  Wolverine & The X-Men (2008-2009)

                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 27, 2010
                    There is an old Fantastic Four cartoon series in which Jack Kirby was directly involved (and which had the coolest retro cartoon music).

                    I think the point in the orignal post is that DCAU one high quality and stylistically consistent body of work, whereas with Marvel cartoon it's much more a mixed bag.

                    To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                    From: gms@...
                    Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 10:53:04 -0500

                  • tfbretz@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 27, 2010
                      And don't forget Superhero Squad!

                      Marvel also has a new Avengers cartoon in production.

                      From: Gerry <urbwarzine@...>
                      Sender: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                      Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 11:59:50 -0400 (EDT)
                      To: <icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com>
                      ReplyTo: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 27, 2010
                        There is also an Ultimate Spiderman cartoon in the works along with the new Avengers cartoon. Which reminds me: There was also MTV's Spiderman: The New Adventures, which was set in the same continuity as the Spiderman films. It came after the first one, and before the second.

                        Marvel also has a new Avengers cartoon in production.
                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 27, 2010
                          Darn shame they cancelled Wolverine and the X-Men. It was rather good.

                          To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                          From: urbwarzine@...
                          Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 11:59:50 -0400

                          Or for that matter, the following:

                          Wolverine & The X-Men (2008-2009)
                          And that doesn't even count all of them--

                          Spider-Man (mid-1960s -- the one with the famous theme)
                          Captain America, Thor, Doctor Strange, Hulk, Sub-Mariner, Iron Man (mid-60s -- animated from comic stills, and again with famous theme songs).
                          Fantastic Four (late 70s -- the one with "Herbie the Robot" instead of Human Torch)
                          The Thing (1982 -- featuring a transforming-at-will Ben Grimm  - "Thing Ring, do your thing!")

                          -Gareth

                          On Aug 27, 2010, at 8:24 AM, Michael Taylor wrote:

                          >  Too bad Marvel hasn't had as many animated characters as DC.

                          I'm not so sure about that....
                          http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/m/marvtv.htm

                          Spider-Man (1981)
                          Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends (1981)
                          The Incredible Hulk (1982)
                          X-Men  (1992–1997)
                          Iron Man  (1994–1996)
                          Fantastic Four  (1994–1996)
                          Spider-Man: The Animated Series (1994–1998)
                          The Incredible Hulk  (1996–1997)
                          Silver Surfer (1998)
                          Spider-Man Unlimited (1999–2001)
                          The Avengers: United They Stand  (1999–2000)

                        • daDiceGuy
                          Message 12 of 17 , Aug 27, 2010
                            They did? Thats a damn shame.

                            --
                            But I LIKE complex death traps!" "I KNOW you do, dear. And I'm SURE we'll find ourselves stuck in one before the day's OVER." - Mister Miracle and Big Barda, Booster Gold #34
                          • Rancor
                            Message 13 of 17 , Aug 27, 2010
                              The Villains are coming!

                              Black Cat's Bad luck is just probability Control - Bad
                              As for Medusa, sometimes I just list their main power as Element Control, kind of a title for the indented group of powers that follow.

                              I'm no expert (+2) at ICONS, but hope these conversions are good enough.

                              Rankore2000

                              > What, no villians?
                              >
                              > Just kidding. Outstanding work, thye lok great.
                              >
                              > What the thinking behind the new powers like Black Cat's "Bad Luck" or Medusa's "Prehensile Hair"?.
                              >
                              > To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                              > From: rankore2000@...
                              > Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 02:52:39 +0000
                              > Subject: [icons-rpg] Marvel Character Conversions

                              > Well the first wave of Marvel Character Conversions have been uploaded to the "Files" directory on this group, under Marvel Comics. Not nearly as many as Kanegrundar has done, but I hope you like them.
                              >

                              > Hope to upload more soon, but looking for the right kind of pictures is a daunting task. Too bad Marvel hasn't had as many animated characters as DC.
                              >

                              > Rankore2000

                            • Rancor
                              Message 14 of 17 , Aug 27, 2010
                                Really? Where in the book is that? I thought that it was just 6- number... Damn! You're right, it's on page 14 ... grumble ... Well, give them a 1 if I put zero. If I have time I might fix the files.

                                Rankore2000

                                Message 15 of 17 , Aug 27, 2010
                                  On 8/27/2010 3:29 PM, Rancor wrote:
                                  > Really? Where in the book is that? I thought that it was just 6- number... Damn! You're right, it's on page 14 ... grumble ... Well, give them a 1 if I put zero. If I have time I might fix the files.
                                  >
                                  > Rankore2000

                                  No worries, it happens. Just wondering if it was an error or an
                                  adaptation goal.
                                • Rancor
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Aug 27, 2010
                                    Yep, that's my point. I have been able to find sources of good pictures (or ones I can slightly modify)of the DC characters and the diversity of those pictures dictated which characters I converted. Thanks for listing the sources of marvel cartoons.

                                    I was able to find a source of pictures from Wolverine and the X-Men with characters I don't think I saw in the first season, is it really canceled?

                                    Rankore2000

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Aug 27, 2010

                                      Sadly yes, something about the financing deal falling through.

                                      Though it never was quite as stylish and witty as the Justice League cartoons, Wolverine and the X-Men had some seriously good stories which all converged into one very elaborate story arc. I watched in on DVD. Seeing them one after the other helped. Good stuff.

                                      To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                                      From: rankore2000@...
                                      Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 20:50:10 +0000
                                      Subject: [icons-rpg] Re: Marvel Character Conversions