Justice Wheels

  • ryanblake_2001
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 11 9:51 AM
      Hi guys,

      This is my first time posting to the group and i have just purchased the Icons Assembled PDF and think it's great.

      One question - does anyone here have the justice wheels supplements / characters from Drive thru?

      I just wondered if a) they were any good? b) are they still worth getting? c) Are they a lot of hard work to convert to the assembled edition (ae)?

      For that matter is converting to ae hard work full stop? What does it entail ?

      Thank you kindly

      Ryan Blake

    • kroh01
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 11 11:35 AM
        Hey Ryan. I own all of them and I can say that they not only have high production value, but are also fun reads with great art. Whether villain or hero, there is always a suggestion panel on how to flip their role to use as either.Converting to Assembled shouldn't be that hard as you would have to label the qualities and challenges as just, "qualities" and the powers used are pretty straight forward and might need minor tweaks, especially in how some of them are named.I suggest picking them up. But be careful, they are like Potatoe chips (crisps), you can't stop at just one.Regards Walt
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 11 11:49 AM
          Hi Ryan,

          I personally wouldn't be too worried about backwards compatibility. Ever since Great Power (the first big rules revision of ICONS game out)  we've been playing with unholy mix of old and new style rules. Some characters (mostly older ones) and most NPCS have stayed on the old rules, new characters are often created with the new rules. It's chaos, it's anarchy and surprisingly it still works. Bear in mind that in the comics Shadowcat's intangibility doesn't necessarily work exactly the same way as it does for the Visions or Ghost. Hell, it probably doesn't work quite the same way between issues!

           I can't speak specifically about Justice Wheels but I have bought quite a few ICONS products from Fainting Goats and it's good quality stuff.

          To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 12 7:24 AM
            I picked them all up last week in the bundle and I think they're great.

            Some good characters, all a bit different from each other to give you variety, not just "Oh, another guy with a car" character.

            AS for backwards compatibility, I have both Icons (got them this month) and I don't see much problem with using old characters with new rules.    I think of it a lot like switching from Basic D&D to AD&D back in the old days. (Yeah, I'm that old) More rules, but everything you did before you can do now, plus more.
          • ryanblake_2001
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 14 1:47 PM
              That's really great to know thank you kindly (weight off my GM mind) :)
            • ryanblake_2001
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 14 1:49 PM
                I feel very welcomed here by these responses - i'll be posting stuff her soon as well. Prepare to judge me :)
              • Michael Mendoza
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 16 10:45 AM
                  I was a big fan of the Justice Wheels line - I even contributed the last character! :)

                  Particular highlights for me were:

                  • Hexarcana. I just used her as a villain in my last game session. One of the players had the brilliant idea that Hexarcana's demon bike was forged from the skeleton of the occultist who tried to bind her. That earned the player a Determination point.

                  • Chill. I also used her in my last game session. Love the character and vehicle design.

                  • Black Scarab. Egyptian mythology plays a big role in my game plans, so I plan to make him available for play as a character.

                  • Frogger: He seems like he'd be really fun to play.

                  • MAKO Commander. Will definitely be useful when Atlantis raids my campaign city.

                  • Bloodthane. What's not to like about a voodoo poseur with a monster truck?

                  --
                  Michael Mendoza
                  mmdozer@...