Re: Getting Things Started

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 6 , May 26, 2010
      My name is Ron. I've already got a game in and intend on running a scenario at Dragon*Con. Other than that, I envision ICONS to be my go-to game as a backup or a change of pace from my regular campaign.

      Looking forward to collaborating with all of you.

      --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Hollis McCray <ascensionschild@...> wrote:

      > Welcome everyone!
      >
      > --
      > Hollis McCray
      > Mutant Registration Number #US2002023904
      >
      > Warning: Proximity to this individual may expose you to the following RPGs:
      > Fate: http://www.faterpg.com
      > Mutants & Masterminds: http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com
      > Swashbucklers of the Seven Skies: http://www.7skies.net/
      > Please visit these websites in order to protect yourself.

    • Eric Edwards
      Message 2 of 6 , May 26, 2010

        Hey folks,

        I’m Eric, been a long time Villains & Vigilantes fan, love the game for face to face supers.  But when running it online, V&V really bogs down, so I’ve been looking for an online-friendly supers game.  I ‘m pretty sure Icons is it.

        Looking forward to seeing where this list goes.

        Eric

        My name is Ron. I've already got a game in and intend on running a scenario at Dragon*Con. Other than that, I envision ICONS to be my go-to game as a backup or a change of pace from my regular campaign.

        Looking forward to collaborating with all of you.

        --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Hollis McCray <ascensionschild@...> wrote:

        > Welcome everyone!
        >
        > --
        > Hollis McCray
        > Mutant Registration Number #US2002023904
        >
        > Warning: Proximity to this individual may expose you to the following
        RPGs:
        > Fate: http://www.faterpg.com
        > Mutants & Masterminds: http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com
        > Swashbucklers of the Seven Skies: http://www.7skies.net/
        > Please visit these websites in order to protect yourself.

      • Hollis McCray
        Message 3 of 6 , May 26, 2010
          On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 6:56 PM, Eric Edwards <ericedwards71@...> wrote:

          > Hey folks,
          >

          > I’m Eric, been a long time Villains & Vigilantes fan, love the game for face to face supers.  But when running it online, V&V really bogs down, so I’ve been looking for an online-friendly supers game.  I ‘m pretty sure Icons is it.

          Obviously, I am Hollis, Evil Overlord(tm) of the mailing list. I've
          been a fan of supers RPGs for a long time. But my friends and I don't
          have as much time to get together as we used to. Icons looks like it
          will work better for our schedules. I look forward to bending,
          folding, mutilating, using and abusing the Icons rules with you all.
          Now where did I put my Mad Scientist's Toolkit...?
          --
          Hollis McCray
          Mutant Registration Number #US2002023904

          Warning: Proximity to this individual may expose you to the following RPGs:
          Fate: http://www.faterpg.com
          Mutants & Masterminds: http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com
          Swashbucklers of the Seven Skies: http://www.7skies.net/
          Please visit these websites in order to protect yourself.
        • Mike Olson
          Message 4 of 6 , May 27, 2010
            I'm some guy named Mike Olson. I'm running Icons this weekend at Gamex in Los Angeles, along with some other stuff.

            Also, I uploaded my S&S hack of Icons to the Files section, so take a look if you're so inclined. It does a few things differently than Icons, but it's still recognizably the same system (in particular, random tables are used for almost every aspect of chargen).

            --Mike

            On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 7:10 PM, Hollis McCray <ascensionschild@...> wrote:
            On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 6:56 PM, Eric Edwards <ericedwards71@...> wrote:

            > Hey folks,
            >

            > I’m Eric, been a long time Villains & Vigilantes fan, love the game for face to face supers.  But when running it online, V&V really bogs down, so I’ve been looking for an online-friendly supers game.  I ‘m pretty sure Icons is it.

            Obviously, I am Hollis, Evil Overlord(tm) of the mailing list. I've
            been a fan of supers RPGs for a long time.  But my friends and I don't
            have as much time to get together as we used to. Icons looks like it
            will work better for our schedules. I look forward to bending,
            folding, mutilating, using and abusing the Icons rules with you all.
            Now where did I put my Mad Scientist's Toolkit...?
            --
            Hollis McCray
            Mutant Registration Number #US2002023904

            Warning: Proximity to this individual may expose you to the following RPGs:
            Fate: http://www.faterpg.com
            Mutants & Masterminds: http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com
            Swashbucklers of the Seven Skies: http://www.7skies.net/
            Please visit these websites in order to protect yourself.

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               (Yahoo! ID required)