Is it okay to share the Character Folio?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 8, 2014

      Now that the Character Folio is obsolete and no longer available for purchase would it be okay to give copies of it to my players?

    • Fabrício César Franco
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 8, 2014
        If so, could you give me one copy too?

        I was never able to get one.

      • Steve Kenson
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 9, 2014
          On Jul 9, 2014, at 4:05 AM, icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com wrote:
          Now that the Character Folio is obsolete and no longer available for purchase would it be okay to give copies of it to my players?

          I'd generally prefer folks not give away any of Ad Infinitum's products, whether they are electronic or not, or out of print or not, unless they were originally free. You can do what you want in that regard, of course, but I can't give you permission, if that's what you're looking for.
          _____
          Steve Kenson
          stevekenson@...
          www.stevekenson.com

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 9, 2014
            No problem. I would not dream of distributing something without permission. Given the both the old ICONS book and Villainomicon have are now available on PWYW basis, I figured the was the chance the Foilio might follow suit, that's all.

            To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 10, 2014
              On Jul 10, 2014, at 3:50 AM, Soylent Green wrote:
              > Given the both the old ICONS book and Villainomicon have are now available on PWYW basis, I figured the was the chance the Foilio might follow suit, that's all.

              Would that it were that simple, but the Character Folio involves a more complicated agreement between the designer and publisher than those other products (which Ad Infinitum owns outright), making it easier to just suspend sales of the older software. Sorry, I wish it were more available myself.
              _____
              Steve Kenson
              stevekenson@...
              www.stevekenson.com